Author Topic: Saitek X-65f  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: Saitek X-65f
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 12:16:36 AM »
I've had my Warthog since November and I love it. I am working on a review to post here for all the questions I have been getting about it.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »
I didn't find a way yet, because the wep is a button pressure, and there is no button assigned to the click. I eneded up putting some deadband in, so I am at full before the click.
I don't know if Thrustmaster's 'Target' driver software lets you do it, but I know that the Foxy programming interface for the Cougar would let you take the throttle and map it into ranges, and then set up a range to be either analog or digital -- you could, for example, if you had a jet sim where afterburner had four stages with ']' to go up a stage and '[' to go down a stage, make the range from idle to the AB detent analog, with the range from AB detent to travel limit output four ']' keystrokes across that range when increasing and four '[' keystrokes across that range when decreasing. I've seen some comments on other forums that the programming interface for TM's 'Target' software doesn't have the flexibility of Foxy, but I would be surprised if the capability to program an axis that way disappeared going from the Cougar to the Warthog; it seems as if that would be a severe downgrade.

The Saitek programming interface is relatively primitive; there's no way to 'split' an analog range into analog and digital that I know of -- you could make the whole range digital, but that loses you fine control. I don't know whether, if you take the throttle range and map 0->detent as null, then the detent->limit as WEP, whether AH would still read the analog throttle value. Might be worth trying; the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work. You'd have to do some fiddling with the values reported in AH to determine where the detent was in the throttle travel range (0-65535?), then convert that to a percentage for the Saitek profile editor.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:20:59 PM by Shiva »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 05:12:12 PM »
I don't think I would like a stick that don't move,  Ive read its great for jet sims, not so great for WW2 birds.

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »
In the process of working out the programming for my own X-65F for AH, I threw together a template in MS Word (97) for programming assignments for the Saitek profile editor; the zipfile of the template is here; the template has a page for each mode, plus an 'extra' page you can duplicate if you designate a control as an additional mode selector. I also captured the diagrams of the controllers from the profile editor and labeled the images for each control for reference while plotting function assignments: