Author Topic: 20mm rounds  (Read 486 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
20mm rounds
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:39:16 PM »
I couldn't see any thread on this in the first page so I thought I would ask it here....
Has anybody noticed any difference with their 20mm rounds..
I have been on a planes but filling them with 20's and only small damage and yet other times just a couple and boom..I also notice that there is a lack of hit sprites when this happens (yes I know...but I am definitely hitting them).
Also this isn't just a me thing( shooting end)..I yesterday had a C-hog on my tail and he hit me quiite a few times with no major damage (infact the first 5-6 rounds really didn't much at all)...I did go down but took a lot more rounds than usual from a C-hog..( and it was a decent stick firing not some new guy)

Just asking really..have no Idea if it is a bug or just my imagination.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: 20mm rounds
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »
Yes

I do expect to see a lot more damage from my 20mm hits. Also yesterday I took a good hit from a niki (in my Spit14) and absolutely nothing got damaged, only bullet holes. (HTC I do not mean you should make Spit14 weaker  :bolt:)
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 06:57:10 AM »
One early morning for me in particular felt quite different, I felt that I was having
a much easier time shooting my targets down for a short amount of time.. Then I suppose
I warmed up and lost my game, so to speak.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »
My understanding is that the 20mm on the N1K1 is pretty weak by 20mm standards. I suppose it has to do with ballistics. From my experience the hispanos on the British aircraft are the hardest hitting of the 20mm family.
Dedstick

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 04:20:46 AM »
My understanding is that the 20mm on the N1K1 is pretty weak by 20mm standards. I suppose it has to do with ballistics. From my experience the hispanos on the British aircraft are the hardest hitting of the 20mm family.
The rate of fire on the Type 99 Model IIs carried by the N1K2-J and A6M5b is very low, but the muzzle velocity is serviceable and the individual hits in AH are only slightly behind the individual hits of a Hispano.  It is far from a weak gun, particularly when you have four of them with that much ammo.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:06:43 PM »
low velocity, but hard punch once you lay it on target
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy