Author Topic: many new processes....  (Read 870 times)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
many new processes....
« on: November 19, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »
After installing my new board, CPU, GPU and Ram I have 20 new processes at startup. I have done a search on Google for many of them but got no results on what anything is and if its safe to delete.... Just looking for a guided hand on some things to delete when I boot and see what can be turned off at boot up. machine is slow as a snail with these 20 extra processes.
GUI.exe *32
KillerNetManager.exe
nusb3mon.exe
RAVCpl64.exe
RPMDaemon.exe
rundll32.exe (2 of these :headscratch:)
unsecapp.exe
volpanlu.exe*32
plug-incontainer.exe
issch.exe

Also, there are a couple things I try to end and it says Access Is Denied. one of them being Alarm Clock  :furious why can I not delete an alarm clock process
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: many new processes....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »
Look them up on the internet to see which ones can be stopped. Also, you may need to log on as administrator (believe it or not).

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
im the only account and am the administrator. also, I tried a few of them but got nothing other then "how to fix a deleted .exe" nothing specific to any of the processes.
HogDweeb

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
Go to blackviper.com.  Reference your OS.  blackviper will tell you which systems proccesses can safely be turned off.  Anything not on their list is something you've installed and you'll have to do a Google search to see what it is if you don't already know.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 05:11:08 PM »
Google search has turned up nothing useful on the new processes, I'll check out blackviper though.

HogDweeb

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
Google search has turned up nothing useful on the new processes, I'll check out blackviper though.

Do you have any toolbars installed?

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 06:49:29 PM »
What is the "rpmdaemon.exe" ?
Our database contains 6 different files for filename rpmdaemon.exe . This files belongs to product Smart Recovery 2 and were developed by company Gigabyte Technology CO.. This files have description Smart Recovery Daemon. This is executable file. You can find it running in Task Manager as the process rpmdaemon.exe. Product:  Smart Recovery 2
Company:  Gigabyte Technology CO.
Description:  Smart Recovery Daemon
Version:  1.0.0.1
MD5:  FC187139F8FA1D226F6A66CA646D0 074 *1
Size:  1841504 *1
Directory:  %PROGFILES64%\GIGABYTE\SmartRecovery2_x64\RPMDaemon.exe *1
Operating System:  Windows 7

This is a valid program but it is not required to run on startup.

This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources. The following information is a brief description of what is known about this file. If you require further assistance for this file, feel free to ask about in the forums. 
  Name: NUSB3MON
Filename: nusb3mon.exe
Command: %ProgramFiles%\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe
Description: Monitors whether or not devices are inserted into the motherboard's USB 3.0 port.
File Location: %ProgramFiles%\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe
Startup Type: This startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry.
HijackThis Category: O4 Entry 
Note: %ProgramFiles% refers to the Program Files folder. The path to this folder is C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (X86)\ depending on whether the version of Windows or the program being installed is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Found those 2 in about 10 seconds
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 07:12:44 PM »
Do you have any toolbars installed?
no. whenever i update Adobe or Java I double check and if I download anything new (which is very very rare and only things I've heard good about or know of) I double check any check boxes.
What is the "rpmdaemon.exe" ?
Our database contains 6 different files for filename rpmdaemon.exe . This files belongs to product Smart Recovery 2 and were developed by company Gigabyte Technology CO.. This files have description Smart Recovery Daemon. This is executable file. You can find it running in Task Manager as the process rpmdaemon.exe. Product:  Smart Recovery 2
Company:  Gigabyte Technology CO.
Description:  Smart Recovery Daemon
Version:  1.0.0.1
MD5:  FC187139F8FA1D226F6A66CA646D0 074 *1
Size:  1841504 *1
Directory:  %PROGFILES64%\GIGABYTE\SmartRecovery2_x64\RPMDaemon.exe *1
Operating System:  Windows 7

This is a valid program but it is not required to run on startup.

This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources. The following information is a brief description of what is known about this file. If you require further assistance for this file, feel free to ask about in the forums. 
  Name: NUSB3MON
Filename: nusb3mon.exe
Command: %ProgramFiles%\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe
Description: Monitors whether or not devices are inserted into the motherboard's USB 3.0 port.
File Location: %ProgramFiles%\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe
Startup Type: This startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry.
HijackThis Category: O4 Entry 
Note: %ProgramFiles% refers to the Program Files folder. The path to this folder is C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (X86)\ depending on whether the version of Windows or the program being installed is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Found those 2 in about 10 seconds
RPMDaemon is something with the new motherboard, the motherbaord has a function where it automatically resets default BIOs settings if something malfunctions, SmartRecovery 2 is the software for it.

NUSB3 is for USB 3.0 ports to maximize theyre speed... Those two are the only ones I found useful info on, other then that I was using blackviper and comparing Windows OS processes with that to clear things out, but im still 10 processes above before....  :furious
HogDweeb

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
After installing my new board, CPU, GPU and Ram I have 20 new processes at startup. I have done a search on Google for many of them but got no results on what anything is and if its safe to delete.... Just looking for a guided hand on some things to delete when I boot and see what can be turned off at boot up. machine is slow as a snail with these 20 extra processes.

GUI.exe *32  <----some application or driver uses a graphical interface for advanced control, could even be for your anti-virus.

KillerNetManager.exe  <----that is your network card management interface, could be working with gui.exe. look at your mobo specs and you most likely have an onboard nic by bigfoot networks.

RAVCpl64.exe  <---- onboard realtek soundcard driver

RPMDaemon.exe  <----smart recovery daemon from your gigabyte motherboard. most likely loaded by one of the chipset driver sets.

rundll32.exe  <----2 is normal on a clean win7 boot, it's a data link library execution daemon needed for some background process in win7.

unsecapp.exe  <----native win7 background process compatibility layer, do not terminate it.

volpanlu.exe*32  <----should be a creative labs x-fi volume control executable.

plug-incontainer.exe  <---- are you using firefox?

issch.exe  <----installshield update process. should terminate once you disable automatic windows updating.

be careful what processes you attempt to terminate...could cause you more problems than you want.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »

be careful what processes you attempt to terminate...could cause you more problems than you want.
Why I came here first  :aok I enjoy a good running machine and no headaches
HogDweeb

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 09:28:20 PM »
hey, are you using ad-aware? i did some further digging into the unsecapp.exe process and found that ad-aware is partially responsible and windows remote management service also runs it. i don't have ad-aware and windows remote management is set to manual on my system so i don't see the process.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »
Go to msconfig and look at your startup programs.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »
Go to msconfig and look at your startup programs.
Did this with blackviper and knocked out a few porocesses, but im still higher then i was.

hey, are you using ad-aware? i did some further digging into the unsecapp.exe process and found that ad-aware is partially responsible and windows remote management service also runs it. i don't have ad-aware and windows remote management is set to manual on my system so i don't see the process.
I'm not using ad-aware. I'll go through and set WRM to mnual if I didn't already do that.
HogDweeb