Author Topic: Hahahahaha!!!  (Read 767 times)

Online oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Hahahahaha!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »
hummm.....i see no P-47 or 190.  sigh, sigh
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 02:42:04 AM »
Where's your neighbor Clerick when I need someone that will invest days of time and effort to fix an eyesore spanning the distance of 24-houses?

This guy is a first class DB!  I have four kids, ages 6 to 14, and once in a while they will leave their bikes in the front yard.  That'll be it, just a clean, manicured lawn and four bikes, and I will get a letter from the city with a picture and the code that I have violated. 

Left garbage out Friday, went camping and came back Sunday morning.... Letter
Garage door left open half the day.... Letter
Van got a flat tire (repaired after two days)... Letter
Christmas lights too bright (35,000 micro bulbs programmed to shut off at 10pm).... Letter
Replaced intake manifold gasket on same van in my driveway (job took an hour total)... Letter AND picture (with me in it) explaining how it's against city code to have a disabled vehicle in my driveway.

I'm going to guess that, no matter how hilarious I think this might be, the Obergruppenführer of my New York Ave wouldn't approve.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 04:17:58 AM »
This guy is a first class DB!  I have four kids, ages 6 to 14, and once in a while they will leave their bikes in the front yard.  That'll be it, just a clean, manicured lawn and four bikes, and I will get a letter from the city with a picture and the code that I have violated. 

Left garbage out Friday, went camping and came back Sunday morning.... Letter
Garage door left open half the day.... Letter
Van got a flat tire (repaired after two days)... Letter
Christmas lights too bright (35,000 micro bulbs programmed to shut off at 10pm).... Letter
Replaced intake manifold gasket on same van in my driveway (job took an hour total)... Letter AND picture (with me in it) explaining how it's against city code to have a disabled vehicle in my driveway.

I'm going to guess that, no matter how hilarious I think this might be, the Obergruppenführer of my New York Ave wouldn't approve.

I used to have to explain to my employers why I had a misdemeanor conviction in my record.  it seems I was gone for 6 weeks house was empty and I got charged with a health code of failing to clean my pool.  was convicted before I even saw the charge.  paid the 100 bucks fine when I returned and was on probation for 2 years.  I sold the house soon after that.  I am so glad I had great neighbors.

semp

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 04:29:07 AM »
I used to have to explain to my employers why I had a misdemeanor conviction in my record.  it seems I was gone for 6 weeks house was empty and I got charged with a health code of failing to clean my pool.  was convicted before I even saw the charge.  paid the 100 bucks fine when I returned and was on probation for 2 years.  I sold the house soon after that.  I am so glad I had great neighbors.

semp

semp

The city guy who was coming to record all of this was a complete tool.  I asked him one day when i saw him if he was recording all of the violations he drove past on his way to my house... 

City Employee:  "No. Nobody has reported those people."

Me: "So? You have seen them with your own eyes.  If this stuff is such a big deal then nip the problem in the bud."

CE: "Obviously it isn't an issue or I would hear about it."

Me: "If the city council took the time to make rules about this crap it must be a HUGE deal and you should be proactive.  Besides, I just told you about them, so you HAVE heard about them."

CE: "Whatever, I have work to do."

I spent weeks photographing and documenting EVERY violation I could find within walking distance of my house and sending them to this guy.  I'm sure I sent him almost a hundred complaints.  Since the first letter is a warning I wasn't worried about anyone getting in any real trouble.  I haven't had an issue since :D