Author Topic: Timelapse video of skyhawk flyin'  (Read 465 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Timelapse video of skyhawk flyin'
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:05:46 AM »
My friend (and CFI friend) Ryan went up with me for a mock PPL cehckride, and he made this really cool video I thought I would share.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2328632941477
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Timelapse video of skyhawk flyin'
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 01:11:26 AM »
Where did you mount the camera? Headrest of the co-pilot's seat?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 01:16:00 AM »
Where did you mount the camera? Headrest of the co-pilot's seat?

No, its a helmet mounted cam from Sportys that my friend has.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 01:20:33 AM »
No, its a helmet mounted cam from Sportys that my friend has.

I see, was wondering why it moving.

BTW I can assume that that's the 172G you were talking about? Looks rather unique with that avionics.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:06:54 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 01:24:16 AM »
I see, was wondering why it moving.

BTW I cam assume that that's the 172G you were talking about? Looks rather unique with that avionics.

Yep, this is it!

It's special on the inside and outside, and most people think its alot newer than what it actually is.

Not that I'm biased or anything......

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:30:26 AM »
Yep, this is it!

It's special on the inside and outside, and most people think its alot newer than what it actually is.

(Image removed from quote.)

Not that I'm biased or anything......

Yes...you are biased  :D.

All the 172 models before the M have that nice classic look to them so I can see that it's not new, but looking at your new paint skin, wheel fairings, cowling, and cockpit I can tell that it's very well restored. I'd actually take your G over any SP model that Cessna now makes.  :aok
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:37:21 AM »
Yes...you are biased  :D.

All the 172 models before the M have that nice classic look to them so I can see that it's not new, but looking at your new paint skin, wheel fairings, cowling, and cockpit I can tell that it's very well restored. I'd actually take your G over any SP model that Cessna now makes.  :aok

Thanks  :)

Agreed, the new 172s are bulky and ugly. I've also got significantly more useful load than an SP.

Offline Harppa

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »
You have a good SA, but you forget checking your 6 most of time

Cheers!
Harppa

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »
Just got air sick!   
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
You have a good SA, but you forget checking your 6 most of time

:lol
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn