Author Topic: G940 Set-up  (Read 837 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
G940 Set-up
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »
A fellow AH'er asked me to post my profile for the g940. So here it is.

I hope that helps...

lawnDart aka FeralPig
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: G940 Set-up
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »
Here's mine:

Feel free to ask any questions as to how I did it.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:39:50 AM »
Tigger did you use the profile editor for yours??

Because of the shift situation.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:43:59 AM »
when you set up your stick, important thing is to map the keys you use the most while flying.  views, rudders, wep are an example, then map them to the keys that are seem more natural to you to press.  I talk a lot (yes people tell me to shut up  :mad:) so it's set up on my thumb button since it rest there anyway.   i dont use weapons select as much so i have it set up on a button that is not nearly as fast to use.  prioritize as to the importance of the commands you want to use them map accordingly.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Keltic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »

Great posts guys.  :salute

I've been on the fence on getting this setup for a while - how bad are the input spikes that I've read about, or are they much of a hindrance in AH?

Either way, it's a slick looking setup and I'll probably end up purchasing it regardless. I'm vain that way. :devil

- Keltic

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
Keltic
  The last firmware patch they had fixed that problem...plus if therre is a spiking I cant notice it.the thing I love about the stick is the force feed back. I also have the set up as I am comfotable. Like semp said in the other post map the stick to your preference.

LawnDart aka feralpig

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »
Great posts guys.  :salute

I've been on the fence on getting this setup for a while - how bad are the input spikes that I've read about, or are they much of a hindrance in AH?

Either way, it's a slick looking setup and I'll probably end up purchasing it regardless. I'm vain that way. :devil

- Keltic

There is a firmware update from december '10 that drastically reduces the "hysteresis" in the stick's X and Y axes (From about 1.2% to 0.2% or so).  All other axes (including rudder, trims, throttle, etc) still have the "hysteresis" unchanged.  No one has heard from Logitech regarding this issue ever since.  Us G940 owners call this the "reversal bug".

It is not spiking so much as a 'jump' when you reverse directions in an axis.  I demonstrated this in a youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZlUWwOJUN0

For normal flying like in FSX this bug is not so noticeable but in Aces High where precision can become critical it sticks out like a sore thumb... especially during formation flying or trying to fine tune your aim.  I went so far as to modify my stick by rerouting the throttle and rudder axes to a separate controller board (details HERE).  I also have information in there about fixing the wiring in the throttle.  With these it's not a matter of if.. it's a matter of when.

And yes my stick is (partially) programmed through Logitech's programming software.  The commands that don't require it (mostly the unshifted ones) are left unprogrammed in the software and programmed directly in Aces High whereas the commands that have to go through the software (shifted commands and macros) are left unprogrammed in aces high and programmed in the software as key strokes.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 01:57:53 PM »
Tigger did you use the profile editor for yours??

Because of the shift situation.

If you want to take a look at my profile you can download it here:  (right click/save as THIS LINK)

Just keep in mind that the commands programmed in Aces High will show up as "IG" on the command list and be left unprogrammed in the Logitech Software (IG being short for In Game)