Author Topic: SSO - Five Days Over Germany in '43!  (Read 3811 times)

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
Re: SSO - Five Days Over Germany in '43!
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2011, 06:27:52 AM »
If the burn rate is the same and I am still in the A5 (rather then say the D9 or 152) - then my vote is for DTs - but I think the Gruppen leader should have the final say.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2011, 07:30:13 AM »
Kindly give my slot to another pilot for the remainder of the scenario. :salute
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »
If the burn rate is the same and I am still in the A5 (rather then say the D9 or 152) - then my vote is for DTs - but I think the Gruppen leader should have the final say.
Keep in mind that with the "improved" radar (ie I figure out some more about what I can do with the arena setup), you really should not have to spend much time patrolling, if any.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2011, 09:42:34 PM »
I was part of a flight of four 109's that left A49. Our mission was to intercept and destroy the bombers, and to disrupt their fighter cover if at all possible. Just as I had spotted the bomber stream and prepared to make my run I was attacked by two P47's that had altitude on me. They made a couple of passes before turning for home.
Finding my self separated from my squad mates and low on fuel I elected to land and re-fuel before continuing my search for the allied bombers. When I found the bombers they were heading north a couple thousand feet above me. Trukk78 made a couple of runs on them before having to rtb with engine damage. I flew a parallel course with the bombers calling out their location, heading, and altitude until I was in position to make an attack. I was able to make a couple of passes before taking damage from a possible collision with an allied B17. Sadly to say I crashed and died trying to make a deadstick landing.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2011, 09:53:21 PM »

I would love to. I will fly luftwaffe if there are any more slots left .

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2011, 06:23:10 AM »
B-17's again for the third frame.
Maj OldBull
XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »
I would love to. I will fly luftwaffe if there are any more slots left .
Great we need Luft pilots!  See frame #3 post for next frame and indicate what you'd like to fly.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,319042.0.html
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:23:55 PM by Trukk »

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »
I was part of a flight of four 109's that left A49. Our mission was to intercept and destroy the bombers, and to disrupt their fighter cover if at all possible. Just as I had spotted the bomber stream and prepared to make my run I was attacked by two P47's that had altitude on me. They made a couple of passes before turning for home.

That was me and Sport. I told him we should make a few passes at you guys and lure you down and away from the bombers until we got low on fuel. As soon as I heard him say we were down to 15 minutes of fuel, I said RTB.

S!
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »
I lifted with the 109s and patroled SW. When we saw the enemy on radar, they were in 2 groups. Ace8 and I went for the southern group - 3 sets of B-17s and a lone P-47. I shadowed the bombers while Ace dealt with the Jug. After the others indicated they could not make it to the bombers I made an overhead pass. My engine oil  was hit but I scored hits on a bomber in the first set. I made a second pass but missed all shots. I made a last ditch pass from bellow scoring hits on the lead bomber of the second set before being killed on the spot. All bombers proceeded to the target area.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com