Author Topic: errrrr brakes  (Read 476 times)

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
errrrr brakes
« on: August 15, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »
wife blew a brake line yesterday 03 gmc 2500 hd, between master and abs(I think, module under drivers side has 5 lines)  so I replaced that one, and broke the other in the process that goes to the same module from master, so both lines are new from master to module, went to bleed brakes and the rears just dribble fluid out, and the front drivers shoots a stream like it should passengerside gotta replace caliper broke bleeder off.  the rear is my concern as I cant get fluid, I replaced rear main line several months ago to the rear T from module and bled fine, but from master to module WTF!! :bhead :bhead :bhead  I read online that you need a special bleeder to bleed some abs modules but didnt give any specific models. :bhead :bhead bad day lol

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: errrrr brakes
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:02:22 PM »
I'd use an ez-out to get the broken bleeder screw out, instead of buying a caliper.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:12:11 PM »
well got the rear figured out crammed down real hard on pedal, now just for the caliper, the last time I tried to ezout bleeder I broke it off.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:12:08 PM »
Many cars have a proceedure to bleed the brakes that involves a scan tool invoking a brake bleeding mode.

Careful.

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
yeah my friends sisters truck had to have a scan tool to bleed the abs, man I hate abs, when I bought my jimmy I put new lines all the way around, same deal couldnt get fluid to the rear, then I was told I had to bleed the abs module itself, it has 2 bleeders 1 for front and one for rear.  I didnt mess with the front because it bled ok to the new calipers, so me and the wife tried bleeding the abs to the rear like 45 minutes pump pump pump hold bleed and nothing coming out, so she decided she wanted to try and open the bleeder, her leg was cramping.  So we switched and I dont think she opened it twice and says UH OH I dont think its supposed to do that, she stripped the threads out of the module.  I called the dealer 1200 they told me, I was like NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!! I only paid 500 for it to start with.  So with some head scratching, I figured it out, I bypassed the module, I took the line off from the proportioning valve to the abs, hooked the line that I ran from rear to abs and just did away with the abs al together. works fine no lights or anything.  Probably just luck though.  My truck I unplug the abs fuse in the winter because it is sooooo sensitive.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »
wife blew a brake line yesterday 03 gmc 2500 hd, between master and abs(I think, module under drivers side has 5 lines)  so I replaced that one, and broke the other in the process that goes to the same module from master, so both lines are new from master to module, went to bleed brakes and the rears just dribble fluid out, and the front drivers shoots a stream like it should passengerside gotta replace caliper broke bleeder off.  the rear is my concern as I cant get fluid, I replaced rear main line several months ago to the rear T from module and bled fine, but from master to module WTF!! :bhead :bhead :bhead  I read online that you need a special bleeder to bleed some abs modules but didnt give any specific models. :bhead :bhead bad day lol

some of the gm's you need a scanner to "exercise" the abs module.

a trick you can try.....if the car is safely drivable to get to a dirt road.........run up to about 15 or so, and slam the brakes. you WANT to lock them in the gravel. this will exercise the abs unit. then bleed them some more. you may need to repeat.

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL IF YOU CHOOSE OPTION B. YOU SHOULD CHOOSE OPTION A AND HAVE A TECH DO IT WITH A SCANNER.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
just went to the store brakes are ok just need to get the front caliper replaced I couldnt get that one bled but brakes seem ok.  gotta replace the caliper tomorrow, then the last 2 brake lines.  every brake line is rotted cant believe dealers dont use armor coated lines.  When I replaced all the lines on my jimmy 5 years ago I used the coated stuff and they still look like they did when I put them on.  and it is only pennies more than the regular, I swear by it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »
just went to the store brakes are ok just need to get the front caliper replaced I couldnt get that one bled but brakes seem ok.  gotta replace the caliper tomorrow, then the last 2 brake lines.  every brake line is rotted cant believe dealers dont use armor coated lines.  When I replaced all the lines on my jimmy 5 years ago I used the coated stuff and they still look like they did when I put them on.  and it is only pennies more than the regular, I swear by it.

it's the crap they put on the roads to melt snow/ice.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
it's the crap they put on the roads to melt snow/ice.
Yea, the same stuff destroys the rocker panels on my truck every winter.  :mad: :bhead
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 05:24:09 AM »
Your wifes car?
Just tell her its all fixed, problem solved!
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 05:52:59 AM »
 :lol made her drive it home with no brakes, of course would have been different if sh would have had the daughter with her