Author Topic: The History Channel Club.  (Read 510 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The History Channel Club.
« on: October 13, 2011, 03:52:43 AM »
What is it? Is it worth it?

I keep getting a letter from the history channel every so months saying that im "approved for official membership in the premier club for american history enthusiasts"

It says it only costs $1 a month. and i have 7 days left to respond whether i wish to join or not, or their rules state they must take me off their list.

Is anyone else here a member? and would you recomend membership?
 :salute

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: The History Channel Club.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:05:50 AM »
Sky has a History channel it's a bit hit and miss, Usual subjects Hitler and Dr Martin Luther King. :old:

Some of the American narration is very poor, usually some guy who had smoked 30 Marlboroughs a day :old:

Dogfights was very good though I downloaded it from ITunes after watching it  :salute

$1 not going to break bank to be honest  :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:14:28 AM »
Unless it's something that I'd really want I'd just be too lazy to do the paperwork for it, even if it's free.

So unless you really want it don't bother.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »
What is it? Is it worth it?

I keep getting a letter from the history channel every so months saying that im "approved for official membership in the premier club for american history enthusiasts"

It says it only costs $1 a month. and i have 7 days left to respond whether i wish to join or not, or their rules state they must take me off their list.

Is anyone else here a member? and would you recomend membership?
 :salute

Must be a scam. The history channel no longer shows much history. Why would any History Buff be interested.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 03:44:23 PM »
Must be a scam. The history channel no longer shows much history. Why would any History Buff be interested.

QFT!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »
+1
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 12:57:28 AM »
I actually get surveys in my e-mail (legit) from the History Channel because of some other survey work I've done. If you guys think what they have on NOW is irrelevant, you should see what's gotten shot down in the past year or two.

They need to change their name from 'History Channel' to 'Alien Conspiracies Will Destroy the Earth in 2012 Channel'.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:00:18 AM »
If we're going to argue that the channel has "gone downhill", (an oddly recurring theme on these boards) we need to compare their previous programming to their new programming.  I'm too young to remember much of anything earlier than Modern Marvels, but could any of you oldsters clue me in to what it played before?

Another thing to note is that the programming may have shifted so that "lite" shows play during prime-time in order to attract the largest possible audience.

-Penguin

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
If we're going to argue that the channel has "gone downhill", (an oddly recurring theme on these boards) we need to compare their previous programming to their new programming.  I'm too young to remember much of anything earlier than Modern Marvels, but could any of you oldsters clue me in to what it played before?

Another thing to note is that the programming may have shifted so that "lite" shows play during prime-time in order to attract the largest possible audience.

-Penguin

History
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:12:11 PM »
   :lol yes history on the history channel would be a pleasant surprize. Last I checked they were showing Ice Road Trucker and some show about crab fishing and lumberjacks. The only history i could get out of it was that it was filmed 6 months prior to airing on tv.  :rolleyes:
Lighten up Francis

Offline killerdude8

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 05:23:54 PM »
I actually get surveys in my e-mail (legit) from the History Channel because of some other survey work I've done. If you guys think what they have on NOW is irrelevant, you should see what's gotten shot down in the past year or two.

They need to change their name from 'History Channel' to 'Alien Conspiracies Will Destroy the Earth in 2012 Channel'.

Amen to that brother!   :lol

But anyways yea there isn't much history on the channel no more. a few shows here and there, but nothing to significant  :(
If your gonna fail, do it in such a way that people will be wondering how you managed to do that.

If it cant be fixed with duct tape, it cant be fixed at all.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 05:39:13 PM »
I miss the shootout series on the History Channel  :(
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 08:09:49 PM »

You mean this isn't History?

;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 08:12:18 PM »
Looks more like your High School graduation pic Shifty.  I didn't know they had color in the 30's
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute