Author Topic: Too much RAM?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Too much RAM?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 02:24:06 PM »
I know absolutely nothing, but would say a solid yes to gv spawn times.  Even that road when traveled will give you a ton of options on tweaking connections.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »
The second is true unless the application is compiled with the 'large address aware' flag AFAIK. Since 32-bit windows doesn't really support PAE due to driver problems, most applications probably are not compiled as such.

Only applications that need more memory use the switch. Its not a matter of 32-bit support but a compiler option when the program is built.

@68valu:

The slow rendering of spawning vehicles or airplanes is a feature of the game. When somoene lands or gets killed you will see their dot on radar disappear. When they move to a new field you will first see their dot reappear at the last place on the map that they were before they are seen to spawn at their new location. This is why a GV can move away from the hangar before you even know its there.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 10:52:09 PM »
any possibility the slow rendering of spawning gv's could be due to my internet connection?

This could be due to the longstanding GVers gaming the game trick.

AH updates players closer to you faster than those further away (you can see this by a viewing a long distance dot that only moves at intervals vs a guy you're fighting who is moving fluidly) so the old trick is to go to a field on the opposite side of the map to get as far away from the spawn as possible, then move back to the spawning field and spawn in as quickly as possible.  It gives the spawning GV a few extra seconds before the game catches up and updates the spawner as normal, rendering him as invisible for those few seconds.

It's one of those exploitable glitches that's been there forever.  I don't think most use it but many are aware of it and could.  It seems like too much trouble to me for a few second advantage.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.