Author Topic: Aces high program crashes..  (Read 869 times)

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
Aces high program crashes..
« on: December 15, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »
Hello

I love the game been playing for years but there is one problem I cant stand anymore. It seems all to often that AH crashes. Im not sure if its windows7 or what but I do notice that the in game vox can be the culprit. I am simply getting tired of building up perk points only to lose them to "disconnects" which are actually AH crashes. I have no saved films so that cant be the reason why.... My computer is clean, deffraged and has plenty of power to run the game.

I was wondering if there is any way to get to the source of the problem so I can fly the planes I want and keep my darn points!!!! Any help is appreciated!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Aces high program crashes..
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 03:52:19 PM »
A DXDIAG output is a good place to start.

Also note, once the game abnormally terminates, it is quite possible for a settings file to get corrupted and then start causing crashes, which can corrupt another file and cause more frequent crashes, and so on.  To eliminate this as a possibility, rename the "settings" folder and see if the problem goes away.

There is also a problem with the 64 bit version of Windows 7 operating system, where if the USB bus power gets too low, the game will get flooded with "USB Device Change" requests and eventually cause a crash.  The 32 bit version of Windows 7 does not have this problem.  Using an externally powered USB hub is the only cure for this, if your computer has that issue.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 04:22:30 PM »
I had a look at my rig and yes I have not plugged the hub in..... I am going to try this first and see how it goes. I have 4 peripherals on this hub and its a 4 slot hub. I had no idea that you could have such problems from not having external power on a USB hub! I gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope this fixes my problem. Thanks for the fast reply!

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 05:13:44 AM »
So far so good..... I plugged in the USB hub last night and I never had a problem with any crashes. I also noticed that when I would minimize to windows, coming back to the game was very smooth and there was almost no re-rendering of the 3D shapes like before. Once in a while I also notice that the computer seemed to kinda "bottleneck" when coming back to game and this sometimes too would result in a game crash. I plan on playing a bit this weekend so I will give another report and let you know if there is any other trouble.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:35:11 PM »
A DXDIAG output is a good place to start.

Also note, once the game abnormally terminates, it is quite possible for a settings file to get corrupted and then start causing crashes, which can corrupt another file and cause more frequent crashes, and so on.  To eliminate this as a possibility, rename the "settings" folder and see if the problem goes away.

There is also a problem with the 64 bit version of Windows 7 operating system, where if the USB bus power gets too low, the game will get flooded with "USB Device Change" requests and eventually cause a crash.  The 32 bit version of Windows 7 does not have this problem.  Using an externally powered USB hub is the only cure for this, if your computer has that issue.

Skuzzy,
Is there an log that the usb errors get logged? Can a log be tasked to log such an event?
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »
Well after a couple of nights with no problems for about two hour sessions the AH program crashed again last night... I have been using the powered USB and tonight the program locked up so badly that even windows wouldn't respond. What should I do now?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »
Skuzzy,
Is there an log that the usb errors get logged? Can a log be tasked to log such an event?

I cannot find anything that would indicate this is possible.  Windows 7 does not consider this an error condition, which is part of the problem.

Well after a couple of nights with no problems for about two hour sessions the AH program crashed again last night... I have been using the powered USB and tonight the program locked up so badly that even windows wouldn't respond. What should I do now?

A complete lockup of a computer indicates something else is wrong.  The game really cannot lockup the operating system.  I would tend to suspect over heating of the video card, poor quality or low end power supply, if you have overclocked the system then return it to defaults, possibly a bad ram.  There really is no end of what can cause a hard lockup condition with a computer.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:22:51 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 01:28:43 PM »
My computer is over clocked. I'm not sure how to reset that... if someone can tell me how to do that I will try that too. This is the first time my system has ever fully locked up on me.....

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 10:36:43 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,322771.0.html

Look in your event viewer, its in administrative tools. Under custom views look into admin view for the logged event concerning AH.
Look for the error code, is it 0xc0000005?
If so peruse the above link, this type of crash appears to have stopped for me. I am OC'd as well.
In Googling the error code, I have come to believe that its software stepping on software where the ram is concerned.
An OC issue would crash your puter running any app.
You do not know how to undo your OC????????????? How did you OC it in the begining?
If you really need to reset puter to stock settings, I can point you but???????????????????????????????

Skuzzy,
The error I mention, 0xc0000005, does lock up the desktop after crash, untill you go into task manager and end the AH process manually.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:40:44 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 06:04:31 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,322771.0.html

Look in your event viewer, its in administrative tools. Under custom views look into admin view for the logged event concerning AH.
Look for the error code, is it 0xc0000005?
If so peruse the above link, this type of crash appears to have stopped for me. I am OC'd as well.
In Googling the error code, I have come to believe that its software stepping on software where the ram is concerned.
An OC issue would crash your puter running any app.
You do not know how to undo your OC????????????? How did you OC it in the begining?
If you really need to reset puter to stock settings, I can point you but???????????????????????????????

Skuzzy,
The error I mention, 0xc0000005, does lock up the desktop after crash, untill you go into task manager and end the AH process manually.

When someone tells me thier computer is locked up, I presume it is hard locked and even the task manager will not pop up.  Hence the term 'locked-up'.  If the task manager will respond, then the computer is not locked up.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 10:51:53 PM »
Skuzzy,
I understand that pov, I was thinking maybe the threader had a different pov for the term locked up.
My experience with this crash, mouse and windows desktop are inaccesible after crash. Only, ctrl alt delete, gets a response. To me, that is a lock up. Just giving threader something to consider.
There seem to be a lot of peeps with this issue. I have had it from the begining of my AH gameplay, 1 year and change. I was with FA for 10 years, my current game machine played it about 2 years, never had this particular issue. Not to say FA did not crash occassionally.
I was a beta tester towards the end. Just getting into it when game ended.
S

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:01:33 PM by MADe »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »
Hello

I love the game been playing for years but there is one problem I cant stand anymore. It seems all to often that AH crashes. Im not sure if its windows7 or what but I do notice that the in game vox can be the culprit. I am simply getting tired of building up perk points only to lose them to "disconnects" which are actually AH crashes. I have no saved films so that cant be the reason why.... My computer is clean, deffraged and has plenty of power to run the game.

I was wondering if there is any way to get to the source of the problem so I can fly the planes I want and keep my darn points!!!! Any help is appreciated!

silent6 have you updated your bios lately?  around the same time problems started?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.