Author Topic: Hit %  (Read 535 times)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Hit %
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:49 AM »
     I know a lot of effort was historically involved in calculating how many hit of a certain caliber shell, it took to take out a specific aircraft, and how many of each shells fired would result in a hit.
     Loose example.  "it might take 20 hits from 20mm to take down a B17, but it takes 2000 rounds to land those 20 hits"

Can we figure this out in AH?  In terms of our game?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Hit %
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:31:11 AM »
You're leaving out the critical factor of where the hits are on the aircraft.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
     Or the even more critical factor of gunnery skill.  Some guys could knock a target down with a few rounds, others could
spray the sky all day without landing one hit.  Mileage varies of course, but pilots will be random.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 11:00:50 AM »
Good point. I should have considered gunnery skill when I was thinking about where the hits are on the aircraft.  :bhead   :neener:

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:33:52 PM »
You're leaving out the critical factor of where the hits are on the aircraft.

I left out alot of factors.

To explain better, I was more concerned about how often "mr. joe average pilot"  lands hits with certain weapons. 

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:09:06 PM »
You can look at average hit percentage but that doesn't give you hits per kill for aircraft or weapon type. I don't think that's possible or useful even if it's interesting but maybe Lusche will surprise us.

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 06:56:56 PM »
A few tours ago I flew the Yak-9U exclusively for the fighter category and left attack for all my fooling around.  I ended up with a hit percentage of over 10%.  No idea how that broke down between 23mm/12.7mm.

Of course, the flip side was that more often than not, I was shot down without having fired a single round.
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 06:55:04 AM »
I don't think that's possible or useful even if it's interesting but maybe Lusche will surprise us.

Would also be a surprise to me  :lol

I only have access to the very same data as anybody else. There is no way to break down hit % to individual weapons, nor can I (which I really would like to) see how many rounds have been actually fired.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »
I would like the hit percentage of the front guns separated from the other mannable guns in the plane but it's asking way too much of HTC and only applies to a couple of planes..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:49:33 AM by icepac »