Author Topic: Classic Movies (that you hate)  (Read 584 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Classic Movies (that you hate)
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »
Rules are simple. Name a move that you've seen that people regard as "classic", that you hated. Maybe it was a favorite of your parents that you had to endour as a child. Maybe it was all the accolades that it recieved at award shows. Possibly the rave reviews of the critics or a huge gross at the box office. Your friends or co-workers might not shut up about it. But after seeing it you say "WTF? Why would you idiots like this crap?"

Here's mine:

"The Wizzard of Oz"

Classic my butt! I hate this film. From the cardboard characters with even stiffer acting, stupid songs and singing, friggin' flying monkeys, to the "wizzard" that is just some old dude that everybody worships for some reason. Then you have the "Wicked Witch of the West" who is defeated with a glass of water - BY ACCIDENT! Then heres the kicker, it was all a dream. Really, that the best ending that you could come up with? The other characters were just her family, and why the hell were they all huddled arround her bed anyway?
If I paid to see this cinematic garbage, I'd have demanded my money back and beat the hell out of the theater manager.

So what classic do you hate?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Re: Classic Movies (that you hate)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:29:24 PM »
does it really have to be a classic or can it just be some movies that most people got impressed with?

Avatar - pocahontas has the same story but is better because it has music, what makes pocahontas an evolved avatar.

now as for real classics there was one that me and my girlfriend wanted to watch (we get marathons of movies based on directors and we were on kubrik at the time)

2001 space odessy - couldn't watch it to the end ): we still owe this movie a second chance.. we actually slept but we were tired when we started watching it anyway

I have whatched tons of terrible movies but since I'm not sure people would classify them as classic I won't make the list but man... there is one that always makes me laugh and I jsut do have to mention.... "The happening" man that is THE worst writing I have ever seen in action! THE WORST it is even worth watching it so you can see what NOT to do when writing a script. terrible camera work, laughable acting and man this is THE example of good idea and bad execution, TERRIBLE execution oh man so many movies I must stop now or I'll never shut up...
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »
Plan 9 From Outer Space

-Penguin

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
citizen kane and napolean dynamite

both were awful

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:08:54 AM »
Bill and Ted 3...   They never made it.

WTF Keanu?!

:cry
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:09:41 AM »
The Neverending Story.  The lesson is that if you're a huge puss that doesn't stand up for yourself, you still get the girl and a giant white Clifford will come and fight your battles for you.  Even as a little kid I was disgusted at the concept.  The worst movie of all time thanks to its pussi -fi-cation of America's youth.

Damn, the filter has some rare words in it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:11:32 AM by BoilerDown »
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 03:22:59 AM »
Fantasia.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok