Author Topic: Frame Rate  (Read 264 times)

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
Frame Rate
« on: January 28, 2012, 01:18:54 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not.
I downloaded the new version last night and went to EW to check out video settings and see how different things would effect my frame rate. I usually run at 74fps with everything turned up, but was surprised that my fps had dropped to about 42fps.

No bad but still acceptable so I go to MW, LW and the DA to see how fps act when around other AC. In MW LW and the DA my FR was back up to 74-75.

logged back into EW and FR back down to 35-40

double check back in MW LW and the DA and FR's back up to 75

weird :noid
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
Re: Frame Rate
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »
I have a similar issue. After the second small patch my frame rate has dropped dramatically but only in some arenas (i imagine depending on how demanding the terrain is).
I generally run at 60 max settings.
If I disable all graphics boxes in game I have no issue but the sim looks 1996.. As soon as I select detailed  terrain that's the ball game. I drop to 29-45 spike back to 60 fps and the game pauses and shutters its not playable unless I turn off detailed terrain..

I'm running xp pro and a EVGA nvida GE force GTX570 1280 mb GDDR5 card and have updated with latest drivers drivers. I have cleaned scanned and defraged.
 :salute
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:15:18 PM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: Frame Rate
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:56:05 PM »
I'm having problems with bump map terrain.  Previously, I was able to run Detailed Terrain and Detailed Water with Bump terrain on, all other boxes unchecked.

Now same settings, ground clutter disabled, the game stutters considerably when going into a dive, especially above the cloud deck.  Turning off bump map terrain solved the issue.  The issue was still a problem when diving with detailed terrain turned off, but bump map terrain turned on.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"