Author Topic: build???? need help  (Read 593 times)

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
build???? need help
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »
I'm wanting to build a new computer. I only play AH2 right now and I'm wanting to try the old republic game plus i like RTS games i want something that will be able play games that have alot of activity going on in them and still have great graphic qualities. everything will help and i will consider what you all suggest. Many thanks <S>
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: build???? need help
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:47:06 PM »
I think your going to have to give up some info here. What kind of budget do you have? how much experience do you have building computers? Do you really want to build it yourself?

Also, there is a guy who flys here named TilDeath. It has a computer shop and has built many computer for guys in the game. Check out his site http://tdcomputersystems.com/ and give him a call and let him know what your looking for. He is very good at getting you enough computer to do what you want with out giving you more than you asked for for some crazy price.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
I really hate to jump in on JVboob's thread, but I'm kind of in the same boat. Perhaps I could add a little info to get this convo started.

I'll be building it myself. I only need the tower and its components. I'll need an operating system. My budget is $500-$700.

What would be the best package for these parameters?
See Rule #4

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »
melvin nothing wrong with opening another thread as your budget/needs might be different.  after all you can always compare both :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »
Yeah, good idea semp. I just didn't want to pile a bunch of "I need help building my rig" threads onto the forum. Especially considering the fact that there are numerous active threads of all varieties at the moment.

:salute
See Rule #4

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:32 PM »
The more activity you have going on, and the better theg raphics you want, the more powerful a video card youll need. Do you need a monitor, mouse, keyboard too? if so, how big a monitor? gaming mouse and keyboard or a plain jane keyboard? Here are my specs for BF3 and I only get a little lag with Ultra graphic settings:

Intel i7-970 CPU Factory heatsink. no OC.
Gigabyte G1.Guerilla 1366 Socket
XFX Radeon 6870 1GB DDR5
G.Skill Sniper 1600 Triple channel 12.0 GB
Thermaltake blackwidow 850W PSU 80 Plus Bronze
2X 1TB Seagate HDD's 3.0gb/s (want to RAID them in a mirror configuration when I figure out the HDD issues I am putting my OS on, clicks in my machine, no other  :headscratch:)
NZXT Phantom case with 2X 200 mm, 1X230MM, 2X140MM, 2X 90mm.
Acer 23.6" moniter, 1080X1920 res
Regular logitech keyboard and mouse.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 01:01:54 PM »
my girlfriends dad will build it for little to no money at all my budget 600-1500 i wanna try to stay under or around 800-1000 bucks...and melvin feel free to comment or ask what ya want anything will help weather theyre talking to you or talking to me ya know?

and im going to look at that link there is also one of the guys in the freebirds that does builds too so there is definatley no lack of experience in the game/forums!
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
Both of you should consider contacting Rich at http://www.tdcomputersystems.com/ if your in the 800 to 1000 range.  As stated before, their are more than a handful of very satisfied AH players running TD built systems.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »
Both of you should consider contacting Rich at http://www.tdcomputersystems.com/ if your in the 800 to 1000 range.  As stated before, their are more than a handful of very satisfied AH players running TD built systems.

One of these days it's a TD build for me. His customers are more than satisfied and his personal attention is worth the build itself. Right now I enjoy the build as much as I do playing with them.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
By all accounts TD's machines and service are fantastic.

Unfortunately I am running a rather stringent budget and was hoping to save a few bucks by assembling the box myself.

And then the Wife started talking about remodeling the bathroom (I'd hoped that she forgot), so it looks like I'll need all of my lobbying powers to cut my portion from the "expendable income" pie.

I really want to start seeing some eye candy, and with Mechwarrior Online coming soon it appears I need to poop or get off the pot.
See Rule #4

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 11:25:40 PM »
even if you dont buy his computers, i would contact him for parts. who knows maybe he has something on sale and if he doesnt he'll point to you in the right direction.  i got a case and ps from him and when i called for ram he pointed out to a ram sale going on on newegg.  td is one person you can trust to make sure you get your money's worth.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.