Author Topic: front or rear case fan  (Read 807 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: front or rear case fan
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:33 PM »
I use the Coolermaster ATCS 840. This case benefits from having two PSU mounting positions and options for liquid cooling. The MB is mounted on a removable tray also. The case comes with three 230mm case fans. One 230 at the front draws air in while the two at the top push air out. You can add additional fans as well and I added Scythe low profile high speed fans to the rear of the HD cage area and one at the bottom of the case as well as one to the rear. My typical setup is to remove one of the upper fans to make room for the second PSU (I always use two).

When using water cooling with phase change I remove both of the upper fans and run the upper grill out of the case. This allows me plenty of room to run the plumping in for water cooling of the HDs and RAM. The phase change piping then comes through what would normally be the water cooling port. When doing it this way there is no need for airflow and most of the internal case area is filled with hydrophilic wicking foam. Not your typical setup but worth mentioning for anyone interested in super-clocking.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:18 AM »
I use the Coolermaster ATCS 840. This case benefits from having two PSU mounting positions and options for liquid cooling. The MB is mounted on a removable tray also. The case comes with three 230mm case fans. One 230 at the front draws air in while the two at the top push air out. You can add additional fans as well and I added Scythe low profile high speed fans to the rear of the HD cage area and one at the bottom of the case as well as one to the rear. My typical setup is to remove one of the upper fans to make room for the second PSU (I always use two).

When using water cooling with phase change I remove both of the upper fans and run the upper grill out of the case. This allows me plenty of room to run the plumping in for water cooling of the HDs and RAM. The phase change piping then comes through what would normally be the water cooling port. When doing it this way there is no need for airflow and most of the internal case area is filled with hydrophilic wicking foam. Not your typical setup but worth mentioning for anyone interested in super-clocking.

Water cooling with phase change? Do you have a link explaining this further, never heard of this before.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 05:16:14 AM »
Phase change?

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g49/Phase_Change.html

Water cooling is self explanatory. The idea of mixing the two came about as a result of having most of the interior of the case filled with the hydrophilic foam which wicks up any moisture (an obvious advantage). Water cooling is used on the system chips if needed and hard drives and ram. CPU (single) and GPUs (single or dual) are cooled with the phase change method. It isnt cheap and it isnt for everyone but it is effective.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 01:38:53 AM »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty