Author Topic: An Old Itch  (Read 639 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: An Old Itch
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
It's called nostalgia.  You're too young to have really experienced it.

I dunno. I remember being nostalgic about 3rd grade when I hit 5th grade. But that was way back when.  :D

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
I dunno. I remember being nostalgic about 3rd grade when I hit 5th grade. But that was way back when.  :D

Yeah but most of use weren't 18 in the 5th grade like you were either..........  :neener:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 09:16:22 AM »
It's called nostalgia.  You're too young to have really experienced it.

As for a perfect time period, it doesn't exist.  In fairly recent history, I'd be tempted to say the 1950s where good because (speaking for western society as a whole) family units were much stronger, people lived within their means, there was no such thing as a credit card, about the only consumer debt was house mortgages (and a "starter" home was 1100 sq ft, not 3000)  people where much more self sufficient, took on more personal responsibilty.  On the other hand there where terrible issues with racism, sexism and homophobia and bigotry, people still did bad things it was just kept in the dark more.

In today's society we have made vast improvements with issues like racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry in general, yet at the same time we have families falling apart, far to many people who don't know the meaning of "self sufficiency" or "personal responsibility", rampant sovereign and consumer debt and American society specifically has turned into a materialistic orgy.

ok i was gunna respond to this thread when i had more time and wasnt tired, and now that i have the time and im wide awake i find that the best and to the OP's inquiry has already been written. there is nothing of value i could add to this post so i will not try to, ill just quote it to show my support of it. good post saggs  :aok

FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr