Author Topic: Version 2.27 patch 3  (Read 461 times)

Offline POLICE058

• Zinc Member
Version 2.27 patch 3
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »
Skuzzy,

A friend (GRZZLY) is having problems with AH. When the new patch came out on 3/6/2012 he tried to download it. Instead of the game downloading the AH screen freezes on the patch update, he can go into the offline mode but nothing else. He has deleted and reinstalled twice and the same problem occurs.

Thanks,

67POLICE

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Version 2.27 patch 3
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »
If he can get offline, but the game appears to freeze when he tries to login, then, in all probability, there is a firewall blocking the game from Internet access.

Remember, when the game gets patched, most software firewalls will require you to re-allow the game back through them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SpankyMc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »
 :bhead I did  the patch last nite.  Today, all it does is crash when I start the game.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »
:bhead I did  the patch last nite.  Today, all it does is crash when I start the game.

does the game work off line? how does it crash, as soon as you launch it, or does it load the main screen. Can you get the main screen but it drops out when you click on an arena? Details !!! we need details!

Offline POLICE058

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »
Please forgive me if this description is confusing. Okay so when he clicks on the screen to join the late war arena the window shows the update downloading. The only problem is the download doesn't happen. Instead of it showing how much is downloaded and so forth, the screen just remains the same and nothing is being downloaded as far as we can tell. We did however unblock from the firewall, uninstalled, and reinstalled and still have the same problem. I will try the DLing and manual download that I saw in another tread from "Flench" when he gets back in town and see if that helps. Any other info that can help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

67POLICE

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
if you uninstalled and re-installed then you need to again allow permission for it to pass through both your firewall and your anti-virus. uninstalling may erase its authority to pass through these programs.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 03:54:29 PM »
Please forgive me if this description is confusing. Okay so when he clicks on the screen to join the late war arena the window shows the update downloading. The only problem is the download doesn't happen. Instead of it showing how much is downloaded and so forth, the screen just remains the same and nothing is being downloaded as far as we can tell. We did however unblock from the firewall, uninstalled, and reinstalled and still have the same problem. I will try the DLing and manual download that I saw in another tread from "Flench" when he gets back in town and see if that helps. Any other info that can help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

67POLICE

I assume the game is trying to fetch the terrain, as you cannot get to the arena list without an up to date game.

Try running a PingPlot to downloads.hitechcreations.com, as that is where the terrain is coming from.  Any anti-virus running?  What firewall?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com