Author Topic: Trackir and the Corsair/Hellcat  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Trackir and the Corsair/Hellcat
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »
Is there a way I can use track IR and still be able to use the arrow keys to look around the cockpit? my biggest problem is going back to a centered view to look at my gunsight which hasn't happened - I basically snapshot back to the default view, but the problem is its never the same place.

I might think I am looking forward next thing I know my bullets are firing from a 1clock view or 11clock.

JG 52

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 06:13:13 AM »
Lengro, you mention that you map x and y axis to your ch throttle thumb joy. What do you mean by this? What exactly are you mapping?

Brad,

sorry for the late reply, I just posted the following elsewhere:

Just follow the numbers :)

@ 2 select which mini joystick axis you want to change
@ 4 select what you want it to do
@ 5 and 6 calibrate to your likings
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 06:13:19 PM »
For those having trouble with 6 views, I found something in the AH settings that may help.  If you open the clipboard and go to Preferences/Views, there is a check box for "TrackIR motion relative to objects" or something like that.  Once I checked that box it was a lot easier to move my view around the head rest.

I didn't see it posted in this thread.  Hopefully it helps.

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
      • 3-in-1: Lathe_Mill_Drill (metal machine shop)
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 01:39:39 PM »
Is there a way I can use track IR and still be able to use the arrow keys to look around the cockpit? my biggest problem is going back to a centered view to look at my gunsight which hasn't happened - I basically snapshot back to the default view, but the problem is its never the same place.

I might think I am looking forward next thing I know my bullets are firing from a 1clock view or 11clock.

Yes,  TrackIR 5 has a Pause key, a Center key, and a Precision key that you can map to.  It has other keys, too.  I can map the desired key within TrackIR to any game key I want, I use the number pad views, then I just modify my CH Control Manager .map to it.  It works great.

I use the CH trio of FS, PT, and PP.  I can go to Track IR in Pause, then use my Pro Throttle's 8-way hat for my all around views, and back-and-forth instantly.

As an aside, not really related to this thread's topic:  I do not use TIR for GV'ing, but I did figure out a way to map all the GV moves to my Pro Throttle and quick GV turns using my Pro Pedal.

If you have a Logitech Keyboard, mine is a G15 with 18 programmable keys or something similar, you can map other snap views to it.   I am thinking about getting that multifunction thing CH makes for additional key mappings.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:48:26 PM by Buckaroo »

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
      • 3-in-1: Lathe_Mill_Drill (metal machine shop)
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 01:44:36 PM »
Brad,

sorry for the late reply, I just posted the following elsewhere:

(Image removed from quote.)

Just follow the numbers :)

@ 2 select which mini joystick axis you want to change
@ 4 select what you want it to do
@ 5 and 6 calibrate to your likings

There is also a script you can add an 8-way hat to the Pro Throttle's mini-joystick that somebody within Aces High created---I think it was Ack Ack's creation.  I think CH Hanger also has the source code for it.  Google it.