Author Topic: ENY and Side Changing Rules  (Read 4090 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY and Side Changing Rules
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »
With perks eliminated (meaning if you switch countries and someone wins the war you don't get any) - Why not allow players to switch every 6 hours then? I don't see a reason someone would bounce countries - most have country "loyalty" so not many are going to be switching countries to horde against their own country. Thus leaves those who are looking for a fight able to switch to find a fight..

There are those like LT who are going to switch regardless to find a camping spot like V135 and 85, otherwise the majority simply want a fight - there are a small handful of shades that bounce around, but what good is that going to do?
Then again there must be some sort of exploit here, I am guessing the side which is losing will have players jumping to other countries, then again Its only a small handful that do this.

you accusing Lt of camping?   you did nothing but camp last tour.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »
With perks eliminated (meaning if you switch countries and someone wins the war you don't get any) - Why not allow players to switch every 6 hours then? I don't see a reason someone would bounce countries - most have country "loyalty" so not many are going to be switching countries to horde against their own country. Thus leaves those who are looking for a fight able to switch to find a fight..

There are those like LT who are going to switch regardless to find a camping spot like V135 and 85, otherwise the majority simply want a fight - there are a small handful of shades that bounce around, but what good is that going to do?
Then again there must be some sort of exploit here, I am guessing the side which is losing will have players jumping to other countries, then again Its only a small handful that do this.

I don't even see an issue with folks "spying" to gain an advantage.  What advantage, if any, does it really give them?  

Anyone that does this really sucks at the game anyway.  Once they realize that they need to get better at the game to actually become proficient at using the aircraft, etc because spying, etc will not help, they will either quit the game entirely or realize that score is not as important as having fun and that worrying about score actually ruins the experience and the fun.

Then you have the paranoid freaks that worry about spies, etc.  Seriously?  Have they nothing better to do than worry about who wins a map, in what amount of time in a cartoon world, with a fake war?  No job?  No wife to get nagged by?  No dog to kick?

In the end, the conflict continues, and the map will change.  As surely as the sun rises.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2012, 10:01:23 AM »
I don't even see an issue with folks "spying" to gain an advantage.  What advantage, if any, does it really give them?  

In fact a lot. It may not matter to you, but many players do play the game with different intentions and for different reasons (the war), and actual abuse of the side-switching ability does impact them. Locating goons or CV's, transmitting planned missions and so on. OF course, the amount of spying is usually vastly exaggerated, being used as an excuse for everything that went wrong, but the problem is still there.

Seriously?  Have they nothing better to do than worry about who wins a map, in what amount of time in a cartoon world, with a fake war?  No job?  No wife to get nagged by?  No dog to kick?

We could ask you the same things just for flying a cartoon plane. Nothing better to do? ;)

It's not only a cartoon flying game, it's also a war game. Nothing wrong with taking it as such. The "war" is in Aces High for a good reason :)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:03:54 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
Then you have the paranoid freaks that worry about spies, etc.  Seriously?  Have they nothing better to do than worry about who wins a map, in what amount of time in a cartoon world, with a fake war?  No job?  No wife to get nagged by?  No dog to kick?

:lol

The 12 hour side switch rule does NEARLY NOTHING to prevent the things that the whiners complain about, people who want intel on the baddie's hordling missions will still get it, they don't need to jump sides.

It was a change done to satisfy the whines, a change that hurts many people's enjoyment of the game to a far greater degree than it helps that small sad number who worry about SPIEZ and their hordes getting busted.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2012, 11:09:42 AM »
you accusing Lt of camping?   you did nothing but camp last tour.
semp

Not.going to argue with a troll.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:22:56 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »
Not.going to argue with a troll.

I already posted your own statistics to prove that only reason you want lower time limit is so you can pick or camp more.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »
I already posted your own statistics to prove that only reason you want lower time limit is so you can pick or camp more.
semp

shh troll you arn't that good. And starting to annoy me so welcome to ignore.
JG 52

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2012, 01:58:50 PM »
In fact a lot. It may not matter to you, but many players do play the game with different intentions and for different reasons (the war), and actual abuse of the side-switching ability does impact them. Locating goons or CV's, transmitting planned missions and so on. OF course, the amount of spying is usually vastly exaggerated, being used as an excuse for everything that went wrong, but the problem is still there.

We could ask you the same things just for flying a cartoon plane. Nothing better to do? ;)

It's not only a cartoon flying game, it's also a war game. Nothing wrong with taking it as such. The "war" is in Aces High for a good reason :)

I suppose that I could have gone into more depth with my sentiments, but I was in a hurry to go somewhere.

I understand that the war is important for generating the fights that I like, but confining a player to one country for 12 hours sometimes limits the fights when weighing the 12-hour switch against possibly wanting to switch sides in less time as sometimes the number of players in the arena and which country they are on can be quite dynamic.  Hamstringing players to a 12-hour time switch for the few that may abuse the system is less-than desirable.

I completely agree, it happens, but the accusations and failures attributed to that kind of behavior are vastly exaggerated, like you said, and can be ascribed to many other reasons.

As far as flying a cartoon plane goes, it is a hobby.  It is not something that consumes me to to point where I take it personally and call folks spies/cheats/hacks, etc if my side is not winning teh warz or cry about these players on the forum.  Sure, it is a competitive game with some goal oriented strategy and modicum of skill required but It is still a game.  The way that some folks take it to heart and blow a gasket leads me to seriously question the reality that some of them live in.

If someone needs to abuse the system to get kills, sink CV's or otherwise gain advancement for their beloved chess piece, than they probably aren't very good or sportsmanlike to begin with and, in the end, aren't worth being concerned about.  If someone really wants to be a dick, they will.  Trying to change doctrine of game-play rules only makes them more creative and harder to catch.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »
Trying to change doctrine of game-play rules only makes them more creative and harder to catch.

^^^^ QFT  :cheers:
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum