Author Topic: CV sunk icon  (Read 772 times)

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
CV sunk icon
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »
Apologies if this has been asked for previously.

Can we get a variant icon to confirm CV's that have been sunk.

I logged on and saw that one of our CV groups was under attack from a nearby enemy base.
So I upped a fighter from a base south of theirs.  I hoping to suprise the enemy by flying in from a direction they
wouldn't be expecting.

Anyhow, the CV had been sunk by the time I got there.  Not sure how long for because I'd only just started playing, but en route
I clicked on the CV icon to see the state of play...

It clearly showed fighters and bombers enabled which led me to expect it still be serviceable.

hehe....it was no more.

Oh well......flew back south and landed.
Then I clicked the icon to join the CV group and opened the clipboard again.

No CV, or group but still showing fighters and bombers enabled.

Just a change to the icon would be enough.  Maybe flash twice the speed of normal,
or if you really want to go mad, have a time stamp/counter next to it giving a time to the re-spawn.

=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: CV sunk icon
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
at least have the status show everything except troops and vehicles disabled ...

this is more of a bug fix than a wishlist item imo.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
+1 to this fix.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »
 :aok

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »
at least have the status show everything except troops and vehicles disabled ...

this is more of a bug fix than a wishlist item imo.

Does it not list Fighters and Bombers as disabled when it's sunk, in the status tab/window?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:36:22 PM »
Babalonian, as of the last time I ran into this issue, it does not. CV sunk, right click on it shows all functions enabled. The easiest fix, when its sunk show everything 'disabled.'

+1 for all reasons stated.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 06:58:55 PM »
Babalonian, as of the last time I ran into this issue, it does not. CV sunk, right click on it shows all functions enabled. The easiest fix, when its sunk show everything 'disabled.'

+1 for all reasons stated.

Boo

Agree.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 07:40:25 AM »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 08:55:40 AM »
That might be nice to have, but why bother HTC with coad re-work? It's not like you can't move to the task group when you see it flashing, to see if it's up or down and what might be in the area. If it's up, you can then move to another base and up your fighter if you don't want to up from the CV. If it's down, then you can just move on.  ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 11:32:01 AM »
take it a step further and make all bases tell you on the map if fh bh or vh hangars are down not just for cv's.  perhaps color coded.  one color for fh down only one for bh or vh and one for all of them.  or you can have color combinations  at the most you will have 5 colors used, i think.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
That might be nice to have, but why bother HTC with coad re-work? It's not like you can't move to the task group when you see it flashing, to see if it's up or down and what might be in the area. If it's up, you can then move to another base and up your fighter if you don't want to up from the CV. If it's down, then you can just move on.  ;)

The CV stats showed fighters and bombers enabled which is/was misleading.  It is fair to say I could have moved to the CV
and assessed the situation, but once in flight from another field, the stats page would not have revealed if the CV was not there.

Whatever coad work is needed I am sure it is nothing too elaborate.  HTC to my reckoning make a lot of effort to rectify game oddities.

A stats page showing correct and current information is all.

=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »

What if you're in flight?  Or en route for landing and tight on fuel?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »
In time this is clearly something we should bother HT about. Yes, I get to wait for my beloved P-61 though this is a fix. I can't imagine it is that difficult to fix.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton