Author Topic: Ordnance Availability Quirk  (Read 218 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Ordnance Availability Quirk
« on: June 20, 2012, 05:49:47 PM »
I haven't tried to replicate it, I will tonight, stumbled upon this late last night in the LWMA.

If I recal how it went correctly, first I loged in to the arena to Airfield-A (knights, I think it was field A1) with disabled ord, getting two messages that the ordnance I had on my previously selected F-8 was disabled (one for the wing package and the other for the centerline I assume).  I switched fields to Airfield-B (Just E of A1, I think it was A61), and also my plane and loadout (I think a heavy P-47N).  Flew to target, dropped my ord and shortly afterwards crashed and burned. 

Sometime later, perhaps the next sortie, I flew from Airfield-A with a 500kg bomb on my Dora.  Probabley crashed and/or burned a good time later on that sortie. 

I then upped a M3 with troops out of the N spawn of Airfield A (puttign me just E of V64 I think).  Drove a good distance (~ half a sector) to an enemy airfield (I think A58), was strafed and killed, and sent to the tower of Airfield B (closest to my point of death and south of A58).  I notice the board in the Tower of field-B says ordnance is down.  I go in the hangar, switch from my M3 back to my Dora (still with the 500kger selected) and anticipate an error message regarding the disabled ord.  However, no error message about disabled ordnance apears.  I'm curious, so I hit the launch button.  Sure enough, im on the runway in an ord-laden Dora, ord bunkers burning (not smoking any more) and the status of the field from the clipboard map, like the tower chalk board 30-60 seconds earlier, says ordnance is supposed to be disabled.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 05:59:09 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.