Author Topic: control of cv task force  (Read 1540 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: control of cv task force
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »
However it is done, we need to know who last commanded a course change on the cv.

Why? Just so you can trash the guy. He may be a newb and not know better. Then on top of that he has you giving him a hard time about it. Sure sounds like a great way to keep people.subscribed.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »
However it is done, we need to know who last commanded a course change on the cv.

Why? Just to whine about it?  Seems pointless, since you can take control of it if the last person doesn't have it.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
Agree 100% with the fugitive.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 07:26:40 AM »
Actually, it would reduce the accusations of side switching and cheating concerning the cv.

Haven't you ever watched the map to see all of the CV courses changed to courses that send cv right into enemy cv, shore batteries, and pt spawns within a few seconds?

I have seen it and checked roster to find the person who changed all of the cv courses was now on the enemy side.

This happens far more often than you think.

"Sticking" the name of the last person who commanded a course change would help deter this.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
Actually, it would reduce the accusations of side switching and cheating concerning the cv.

Haven't you ever watched the map to see all of the CV courses changed to courses that send cv right into enemy cv, shore batteries, and pt spawns within a few seconds?

I have seen it and checked roster to find the person who changed all of the cv courses was now on the enemy side.

This happens far more often than you think.

"Sticking" the name of the last person who commanded a course change would help deter this.

Why not just limit the side switch... If you JUST moved a CV, well, you can wait 30 min. for a side change. It's not too long and makes perfect sense. Why do you need to move the CV if you are going to switch sides? You don't, so we could assume that if you move the CV, then try to switch, you're being bad so you need the 30 min. timeout anyway.

And if a newb moves a CV and doesn't realize the positioning he's put it in, because he's a newb, just imagine the amount of concentrated hate that will be brought forth on that poor unlucky bastard... Constant names are bad IMO.

And then, even with my idea here.. we can't forget about shades, or people who can just... I dunno.. change their names? granted once a month, but that's enough to be obnoxious with a shade.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »

no

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 10:37:13 AM »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »

I'm all for removing CV's from the game altogether anyway, only because of the 3000ft automagic puffy ack.

+1  :aok

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
+1  :aok

just make the puffy ack more realistic assuming it wasn't that bad in real life...but I have no idea how realistic it is.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:07:37 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »
Why? Just to whine about it?  Seems pointless, since you can take control of it if the last person doesn't have it.

Agree 100% with Fugi but disagree 200% with Midway.

redundant troll is redundant.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
Why? Just so you can trash the guy. He may be a newb and not know better. Then on top of that he has you giving him a hard time about it. Sure sounds like a great way to keep people.subscribed.

interesting. I was thinking more along the lines of helping players learn how to use this most valuable asset. something like:

.p noobie Hi, its better to send CV to North of island - thats where the town is
.p noobie if you send it South the LVTs have to drive across the airfield ...

or:

.p noobie you are sending CV into an enemy PT spawn
noobie: how do you know PT boats spawn there?
.r right-click on clipboard map, select "vehicle spawns"

or:

.p noobie watch out the SB can hit the CV if you keep going that way

etc.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »
interesting. I was thinking more along the lines of helping players learn how to use this most valuable asset. something like:
(...)

I wonder which way of 'educating' MrNoob would see more use:

.p noobie Hi, its better to send CV to North of island - thats where the town is

or

or
Country: Noobie has sunk our CV! Put it right in front of the SB
County: What a lamer

I can't help it, I'm not very optimistic...  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »
I wonder which way of 'educating' MrNoob would see more use:

or

or
Country: Noobie has sunk our CV! Put it right in front of the SB
County: What a lamer

I can't help it, I'm not very optimistic...  :noid

Unfortunately you are probably closer on the latter end.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
Unfortunately you are probably closer on the latter end.

+1  :cry
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields