Author Topic: Mind Blowing  (Read 515 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Mind Blowing
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:11:11 AM »
Just finished watching Source Code and wow, instant new favorite movie. For those who haven't seen it, it's basically about parallel universes. For those who have, you know how mind blowing it is.

I was always interested in these types of topics, movies, theories, artwork, experiments etc etc.

Inception, lucid dreaming, parallel universes, multiverse, time travel, paradoxes, all these things are absolutely fascinating to me.

Anyone have any suggestions on movies or books that deals with these topics? Would love to learn more about it.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Mind Blowing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 05:25:36 AM »
Just finished watching Source Code and wow, instant new favorite movie. For those who haven't seen it, it's basically about parallel universes. For those who have, you know how mind blowing it is.

I was always interested in these types of topics, movies, theories, artwork, experiments etc etc.

Inception, lucid dreaming, parallel universes, multiverse, time travel, paradoxes, all these things are absolutely fascinating to me.

Anyone have any suggestions on movies or books that deals with these topics? Would love to learn more about it.

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, an increasingly falsely named trilogy by Douglas Adams.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »
total recall

if I recall totally....or was I dreaming

Baby, you make me wish I had three hands.
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »
total recall

if I recall totally....or was I dreaming

Baby, you make me wish I had three hands.

there is a movie about that coming out next month with Jessica Biel and Kate Becknsale i believe
OEF 11-12

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »
Back to the Future I,II,and III
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
What I find amazing is how vast our universe really is. I also find it mind blowing that the universe actually exists as it does. It is one big beautiful mystery.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »
Authors I would reccommend:

Isaac Asimov

William Gibson

Jules Verne

Ray Bradbury

Larry Niven

They are all good, except for Gibson.  Read "Mona Lisa Overdrive" and it will change you
Wag more, bark less.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »

Generations

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:19 AM »
the one
total recall
fight club
Deja vu