Author Topic: Scoring?  (Read 563 times)

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
Scoring?
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »
All things scoring. Couldn't find anything on it in the help files. Where do you check your score(s)? What exactly is it effected by? Does dueling effect your score? Does bending a prop effect your score in the MAs? Does what happens in the Snapshots or FSOs effect your score?

Lastly, what difference does it make beyond perk points for perk planes. I'm not too worried about that since I think I am about 9 months away from getting any amount of perk points that would make a difference. But I still would like to know.
Tex

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Scoring?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 05:55:34 AM »
The score is unique for each arena, some arenas even do not have any. What happens outside the Late War Main, will stay outside the  Late War Main.
You can check your score either in game by rightclicking on a name on the roster and selecting "score", or by using the .score [NAME] dot command. If you are looking up your own score, you don't have to type the [name]. On the AH website you can find a much more detailed display of score and various stats, just click on "Scores & Stats"

Read here how scoring works

Lastly, score and perks are just distantly related to each other. Perks points are not generated via score. One can have very good score, but still earns very few perk points because he is flying a lot of 'awesome' low ENY planes. (See here for a basic explanation how perks are generated)

But practically score doesn't really matter. in game. It serves only two purposes: Determining rank which is only used for command of CV task groups, and as a cheap 'explanation' why one player doesn't play the way like another player is expecting him to do ;)

And a final word of Gastropodic Wisdom: There is no risk in totally ignoring score (it's all about having fun after all), nor is it a bad thing to watch and to improve it (quite a number of players will try to convince you of that), but being score fixated can have a negative impact on your ability to enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:03:05 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 04:03:56 AM »
Does the ENY affect score?

Say 2 players with the same k/d and hit % etc...will the player flying a higher ENY plane get a better rank score?

Just wondered.
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:55:59 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Klam

• Copper Member