Author Topic: Living Breathing Troops  (Read 980 times)

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
Re: Living Breathing Troops
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:29 PM »
Wouldn't all the infantry prefer to be in tanks?

Yeah, but turning base captures from 1 guy dropping 10 fake guys to one guy dropping say *1* real guy who would set charges or whatever you'd have to do... wouldn't that be pretty sweet?

Be able to spawn in and defend with an SMG or rifle... directly into the town...

I mean it'd be a long way off, but it was a lot of fun in WW2Online back in the day.

I am neutral on this, personally.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 01:58:31 PM »
I'm in favor of manned emplacements in town buildings, like a crew with anti tank weaponry holed up on the top floors of buildings firing out of the windows.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »
It doesn't have to be anything too exotic or realistic to begin with.  Think of it as a beer-n-pretzels addition to the game.  Just make it so you can spawn in the maproom with a rifle instead of the 45, and perhaps .join an M3 or C47 piloted by someone else as a grunt.  If airborn, you parachute out like bailing from your aircraft; if in an M3, they driver has to stop to let you out. Provide a few perked weapons, like and SMG or bazooka or panzershrek. A few simple extra movement options, like crouch and prone crawling.  Oh, and a satchel charge as standard equipment (deployed like a bomb drop, maybe with a 10 second delay to run away), to take out bunkers/fuel/ammo/radar/etc and to capture the maproom.  It'd be a fun distraction, without unbalancing the game overall.  Sometimes, if when you're off your game flying-wise, it's fun to have an alternative.  Just saying...
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
I goons had to be lead in, had grenades to throw into Map rooms to kill soldiers waiting in them...this couls be a fun diversion...  :banana:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 01:16:38 AM »
First Person Shooters seem to be very popular these days, and with the skrinking populations in the arenas a little help couldn't hurt. My proposal is for you, the player, to be able to fight as a soldier. Attacking soldiers would be brought in on M3s and C-47s and defending soldiers could spawn right in the map room(once the barracks are destroyed they would stop of course). The very first gun that I think should be added is the Thompson SMG, the round is already made and you could simply photoshop a thompson Image over the .45.
Have a bunch of pilots bail out and use their side arms.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
That would be so incredibly awesome !  I can't wait for that.  Then maybe we could have little farms with farmers and tractors and cows because after all those guys gotta eat.  It would be so cool to log on and plow the fields for 5 to 6 hours.  And how about hookers ?  The contributed to the war effort, little houses of ill repute, so awesome.  And mechanics !  How bout playing as one of them ?  Spiffy uniform, carrying a wrench, changing the oil, so very very awesome.  And how about the guy that refuels the planes ?  It would be so cool to stand there at the rearming pad, watching all the pilots fly around, waiting for one of them to land and give you a kind word while you fill em up with high test.  Maybe share a stick of gum, so incredibly awesome !

Aces High, just grab a plane and go fly maybe.

:lol :lol
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »