Author Topic: Doing upgrade, budget $300-400  (Read 863 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Doing upgrade, budget $300-400
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »
Could you explain which ones are you talking about? I got a phenomIIx4 955, gigabyte mobo with the old 790 series chipset, if it means something?

Btw speaking about performance, the AMD FX8350 is about 5-10% faster than the i5 3570 but a good 10-15% slower than the i7 3770. Not bad for its price, but has the TDP of 145W (!!!)
Not to talk about, the intel's architecture is much stronger in one thread, so once an application is not optimized well for multi-threading, the AMD will MUCH slower.
Intel is the way. And yea i am an AMD fanboi.

There is no rhyme or reason as to what fails and what does not fail the test AMD provided.  I am sure they know the information, but it has never been made public.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline realgood

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »
  :huh  :huh  :huh  AMD or Intel for  $400. proessor is half that for the intel  maybe he wait to the pigs get fat .  :huh  :huh  :huh  :bolt: For myseft I feeding my HOG pretty good rite now in about 3 or 4 months she be ready for the INTEL build doing some resreach be sure to get things rite maybe not none of this  :huh   :huh   :headscratch:  :headscratch:  :old:  :airplane:  :joystick:  :bolt:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:17:33 PM by realgood »
Might as well face it we are all addicted to this hehehe but me really I can ouit any time I want to <Proud Member 2nd Squad >"***Alchemists***"

Offline realgood

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
 This was more are a learning thing for the AMD but for the money it work out great about $370. only over head  I had was a proessor I bough before the resreach that was a 60.00 ooops  :airplane:  :joystick:  :old:  :salute
Might as well face it we are all addicted to this hehehe but me really I can ouit any time I want to <Proud Member 2nd Squad >"***Alchemists***"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
Still not past history with AMD.  There are still CPU's and motherboards which AMD's fix identifies and shuts down use of multiple cores.  Quite frankly, it is a crap shoot with AMD.

There are as in new from the shop or used?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone