Author Topic: Q....is there a diff perk bonus between fighter and attack modes  (Read 295 times)

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
Q....is there a diff perk bonus between fighter and attack modes
« on: December 09, 2012, 02:33:42 AM »
Q....is there a different perk bonus between fighter and attack modes when killing aircraft?

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Q....is there a diff perk bonus between fighter and attack modes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 02:35:17 AM »
No
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 03:26:14 AM »
you just blown my mind lol...i always thought "if you want more perks killing plane go fighter mode: if you want lower perks for killing planes but want extra perks for GVs and builds/gun go attack mode.

so just a reverse clarification: if im in fighter mode, will i get same perks for killing building/guns as attack mode?

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 03:31:04 AM »
you just blown my mind lol...i always thought "if you want more perks killing plane go fighter mode: if you want lower perks for killing planes but want extra perks for GVs and builds/gun go attack mode.

so just a reverse clarification: if im in fighter mode, will i get same perks for killing building/guns as attack mode?
lol, no sir, how you make perks depends on your aircrafts ENY and OBJ

ENY = your planes ENY/Their planes ENY: Ex. If you're flying a 109K4 (20ENY) and shoot down a P51D (5ENY) 20/5 = 4 perks made, depending on your perk bonus (how many players your country vs the other two has determines your perk bonus)
The same goes for GV's - if you are in a 20 ENY P38J and bomb or strafe down a Panzer H (25 ENY) 20/25 = 0.80 perks. Again this will vary depending on your perk bonus.

OBJ = similar to ENY, if you want more perks for killing a building, get a higher OBJ plane, I believe all fighter aircraft have a default 10 OBJ though.

Hope this helped!

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 08:17:33 AM »
Choosing Fighter or Attack is for score purposes.  If you straff a hangar in Fighter mode your hit percentage will go down as every single one of those bullets/shells missed an enemy aircraft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »
When earning perk points all that matters is this: the ENY of your plane/gv vs the ENY of the enemy plane/gv, then adjusted by the ENY modifier (1.09 = 1.09X what you normally would have earned, or .82 = .82 X what you normally would have earned).

The other category for earning perks is the OBJ score.  The "OBJ" score is what your aircraft/gv will earn when it destroys an OBJect such a an ammo bunker, radar tower, town building, etc.  The higher the score the more you will earn (Bostons, B5N, Ki-67's, etc all earn lots of perk points for bombing), and the lower the score the less you will earn (B29's, Lancs, B24's, etc, all earn less than the norm).

The only thing the fighter/attack category makes a difference on is what you kill/destroy in terms of scoring and points (NOT perk points). If you are in a P51D in fighter mode and destroy an M3 that is not scored and means nothing towards your fighter rank or score, but doing the same in attack mode does in fact go towards your attack rank and score.  For what it is worth, when in fighter mode do not be afraid to destroy an enemy gv if it means saving the base.  I've been on site before when a player refuses to engage the M3 entering town because he was in fighter mode and nothing makes me  :bhead like that.    ;) 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »
Good to know because I'm not a "score wh**e" I'm a "perk sl*t"