Author Topic: Doom and the land down under...  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Re: Doom and the land down under...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »
Use the word banana liberally, don't bother about tipping and drive on the other side of the road.
Some things are the same. Taxi drivers still need directions and McDonalds still makes you sick and fat.

And don't bother about remembering names - call everyone Mate. Don't say Sir - they'll think you want money or arrest them.

As far as drinking - it's hot. Keep your fluids up.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 08:04:44 PM »
Nrshida, Have had a few lessons flying  :airplane: but no Legal License so looks like I am stuck going passenger. I use the 190 A 8 though, pretty sure I would have to make a few stop over's for fuel.  <S>

Oh yes the A-8. Well if you do go in the Fw190 and on approach you happen see an airliner which has just taken off, on no account must you swoop down and HO him!  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline The Vowel Of Doom!

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »
Phatzo, im PRETTY sure that's not from the Tourist office sir, but was still funny.  :DThings that are true usually are. THanks for sharing sir! <S>

Ramon, one word... NOT nice...  :furious Ok that may be two words but on the money  :cheers: <S>

Fish42, same as the previous video on this post, I did not get more than 1 word out of 4, I have NO damn clue what the HELL he was talking about!   :headscratch: Thanks for sharing sir. <S>

Threeup, FINALLY I get some advice I can use sir! Thanks much, if we live I will thank you when  we make it home again!  :cheers: <S>

Nrshida, I try never to ho, however, If they were dumb enough to up under me, I WOULD try and vulch them...  :devil But let's agree up front, vulching is wrong! <S>

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »

Chalenge, Soaring sir ? Not sure what you mean, but anything done in the air sounds pretty damn cool. <S>

This is one of his hobbies.

http://alicenow.com.au/sports/club/alice-springs-gliding-club

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »
Chalenge, Soaring sir ? Not sure what you mean, but anything done in the air sounds pretty damn cool. <S>

Glider flying mate. Some of the strongest thermals in the world form in Australia. I plan on hitting Australia to soar one day along with the Alps, Minden, and the California Coast.

Offline The Vowel Of Doom!

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 02:08:02 PM »
Glider flying mate. Some of the strongest thermals in the world form in Australia. I plan on hitting Australia to soar one day along with the Alps, Minden, and the California Coast.

Know what????... THAT sounds freekin awesome, going to check into it ~! thanks or the Info !  :devil

Who does this in Australia ?

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »

Know what????... THAT sounds freekin awesome, going to check into it ~! thanks or the Info !  :devil

Who does this in Australia ?

Id google Glider Flying Australia and start there. The link Lyric posted is probably a good start as well.

http://www.soaring.org.au/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=37

Here is a listing of all the glider clubs in Australia. Click whichever region youre going to be in and find a club that works for you. Most clubs will offer some kind of discovery flight where a pilot will take you up normally in a 2 place glider and show you what its all about. You may even get a chance at the controls. These flights normally run between 75 and 100 bucks a piece at least in the states (legislation and gas prices could make it very different in Australia).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:41:41 PM by Seanaldinho »