Author Topic: GVs and twistys  (Read 508 times)

Offline wiskyfog

• Copper Member
GVs and twistys
« on: December 13, 2012, 08:38:23 AM »
When in a GV, and stopped with engine running, when i inputt the slightest twist to the stick my GV starts rolling and shifting gears . is there a way to stop this? I've tried mapping the stick but to no avail...
The Alchemists-- "Always brewin up sumptin"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: GVs and twistys
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »
When in a GV, and stopped with engine running, when i inputt the slightest twist to the stick my GV starts rolling and shifting gears . is there a way to stop this? I've tried mapping the stick but to no avail...

Increase deadband to that axis (make sure you have selected the GV mode!) or unmap the axis (check mode again) and use keyboard controls only to drive the tank.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »
     I have FINALLY gotten around to mapping the GV controls as separate.  Now that my flightstick has become looser than a ......(if I say it I get banned)...I have set my rudder deadband (i forget what axis) significantly higher for GV's.  Problems with using a twisty in a GV can include extreme difficulty getting out of first gear, and as you mentioned, unplanned accelerations.
     This completely solved my issue and may as well for you.  if not Luche's plan of unmapping and using keyboard only will totally solve the problem.
Additionally I found that setting the other axis deadbands helped to prevent my tank sights aim from floating around, and for very precise adjustments I have found using the mouse to be effective.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:39 PM »
really extreme axis scaling helps with tank gunnery too :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »
I posted a guide to help with driving GV's with satek  but it will work with any stick.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,341240.msg4503258.html#msg4503258
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:36:00 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline wiskyfog

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 07:48:38 AM »
 :aok Thanks Whiskey...
The Alchemists-- "Always brewin up sumptin"