Author Topic: I hate the La7  (Read 7306 times)

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
Re: I hate the La7
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, 02:20:57 PM »
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
imo, the LA-7 takes too much grief and is givin way too much credit. everyone knows its pretty good for base defense. in my opinion only, pure defender players (usually in a wirbel, who think the game is a job) use it and help to give it a bad rep. they cant help themselves but to ho everything in sight. for me, i love to use it to deack or shoot ords, radar. maybe no one wants to prep a field or town, so i go it alone. the la7 gets me there fast, has the firepower to knock out guns, and has the speed to get me home fast with ammo to spare. if a defender pops up, it will give my attack run a dogfighters chance to win. people say its overmodeled, but from my perspective, its finnicky, it takes a good amount of throttle control and angles of attack discipline to win a dogfight. you really need to fly the LA exactly as meant to be flown bc as soon as you goof youre in big trouble most likely, unless you can burn away.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2013, 05:51:35 PM »
imo, the LA-7 takes too much grief and is givin way too much credit. everyone knows its pretty good for base defense. in my opinion only, pure defender players (usually in a wirbel, who think the game is a job) use it and help to give it a bad rep. they cant help themselves but to ho everything in sight. for me, i love to use it to deack or shoot ords, radar. maybe no one wants to prep a field or town, so i go it alone. the la7 gets me there fast, has the firepower to knock out guns, and has the speed to get me home fast with ammo to spare. if a defender pops up, it will give my attack run a dogfighters chance to win. people say its overmodeled, but from my perspective, its finnicky, it takes a good amount of throttle control and angles of attack discipline to win a dogfight. you really need to fly the LA exactly as meant to be flown bc as soon as you goof youre in big trouble most likely, unless you can burn away.

I select LA7's in the same manner I select 16's.  Easy payback! :neener:  And I aint kiddin
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
I select LA7's in the same manner I select 16's.  Easy payback! :neener:  And I aint kiddin
yeah they work well for that too....doh!!
sidenote: Lantana, TX is named after carlos lantana, the famous accordian drummertarist. and is the star of edward james olmos european vacation. im pretty sure of this.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
yeah they work well for that too....doh!!
sidenote: Lantana, TX is named after carlos lantana, the famous accordian drummertarist. and is the star of edward james olmos european vacation. im pretty sure of this.

IT IS!!!  We live in MiamiVice neighborhood and my son plays the keytar!! 

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »
IT IS!!!  We live in MiamiVice neighborhood and my son plays the keytar!! 
:rock a keytar?? man those things cost a lot! like a whole weeks pay, all 12 dollars of it. you dam rich people!! :bhead

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »
:rock a keytar?? man those things cost a lot! like a whole weeks pay, all 12 dollars of it. you dam rich people!! :bhead

You can thank Carlos Lantana for that.  He's an Especial freeend.