Author Topic: I wish  (Read 281 times)

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
I wish
« on: January 11, 2013, 03:29:40 PM »
For the kill shot to be programmed to not damage friendly aircraft because it tends to be a PITA when someone jumps in your bullet stream and you die because you shot the friendly instead of the enemy  :salute Mcfly
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: I wish
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »
Learn to pay attention to your surroundings. If it looks like a friendly is going to jump in front of you, don't shoot.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
If friendly collisions was on, it would probably eliminate that problem of more than one fighter chasing a plane...which causes issues like you mentioned.

The whole quaking issue of multiple fighters chasing a single enemy plane - it's retarded. It's one of the reason why I stopped flying in the MA - the face-palming gameplay that occurs near the ground.  Nothing causes more eye rolling for us vets than a pack of yappy dogs chasing a single rabbit.

And Fugitive is correct - good situational awareness is key. Someone about to jump in and steal your kill + get you shot down - let them know what they're about to do is not on.  I will vocalize my opinion of their 'about to' action in a way for them to back me up...not steal my kill.

And again, if friendly collisions was on once airborne, this whole issue would go away as it would be way to risky to swoop in and steal a kill cause you might run into your peer fighter.

Just saying... :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:48:00 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 03:58:09 PM »
Easy way to deal with someone repeatedly shooting over your shoulder....ease over into the bullet stream.  I figure if someone is shooting from some other angle then they may not see you so I give them the benefit of the doubt.  I've had friendlies roll in for a HO on a plane I was shooting from behind.  Now that's kinda interesting and killshooter usually takes care of it as long as I don't fire.

Friendly collisions would be ok except for problems on the runway.  If you happened to launch when someone else launched you effectively collide...same with landing into planes launching.  I reckon they have to be either on or off so I'm thinking it wouldn't work.  Otherwise it would be kinda cool.
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 04:00:46 PM »
For the kill shot to be programmed to not damage friendly aircraft because it tends to be a PITA when someone jumps in your bullet stream and you die because you shot the friendly instead of the enemy  :salute Mcfly
No.  This would massively distort combat as every plane in the conga line could fire without worrying about consequences.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 04:56:01 PM »
i was implying like it was programmed  in the TA but now i get it
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named