Author Topic: Fuel Tanks?  (Read 417 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Fuel Tanks?
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:35:08 AM »
I was wondering if you take out all the fuel tanks  at a field, will that stop all vehicles and planes from refueling?

I have seen the message that fuel is limited but never seen a no fuel available message.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Fuel Tanks?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 11:36:47 AM »
You can't pork fuel to less than 75%, that's the minimun that's always available for planes. And vehicles and the PT boat do not have any fuel consumption in AH anyway.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline miraj

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »
I always thought 75%- 125% was an octane rating of some sort. 

I was wrong the whole time.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 12:17:44 PM »
You can't pork fuel to less than 75%, that's the minimun that's always available for planes. And vehicles and the PT boat do not have any fuel consumption in AH anyway.

Thanks for the answer Lusche.  Not much advantage then in targeting the fuel tanks other than the neat fire.  The Typhoon gets hurt the worst on 75% fuel I would think.  If it went to 50% it might hurt more planes.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:03 PM »
Thanks for the answer Lusche.  Not much advantage then in targeting the fuel tanks other than the neat fire.  The Typhoon gets hurt the worst on 75% fuel I would think.  If it went to 50% it might hurt more planes.

In my opinion, it is not the Typhoon that gets hit the worst.  The La7 has even shorter range and is much more common for people to use as it is a crutch plane.  The Typhoon has a lot fewer tricks in the bag than the La7 albeit being able to carry a nice ordnance package.  The La7 has 22 mins of fuel at mil power upon take off, reduce that by %25 and it does get hand-capped slightly, but not enough to warrant making the fuel tanks a priority.  Stopping the horde means to disable ordnance and barracks.  Being restricted to %75 does not hurt %80 of the planes out there all things considered.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:11:11 PM »

163 would get it worst.. gotta pork the 163 base tho.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »
163 would get it worst..

With a honorable second place for the I-16, which ends up at 12 minutes total flight time. Considering it's top speed, that's barely enough to leave field ack coverage  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
ahhh the good ole days with 25%  fuel at a base

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 07:33:27 AM »
ahhh the good ole days with 25%  fuel at a base

never see that again, to many :cry
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 08:14:02 AM »
In my opinion, it is not the Typhoon that gets hit the worst.  The La7 has even shorter range and is much more common for people to use as it is a crutch plane.  . . .

I only use the La7 for at home base fighting so 75% fuel is all I use but I see your point.  I do see some traveling La7s for sure.

Must have been a good reason surrounding game play to up the fuel limit from 25% to 75%.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »
Porking fuel means I lose my drop tanks on my beloved Spitfires (which I always carry).

You used to be able to pork fuel down to 25% but too many complained that it was killing the fights so HT limited the porkage.  Frankly I wouldn't mind allowing 25% but maybe limit the downtime instead.  There's always the next field over if you need more fuel.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.