Author Topic: The chair’s fault  (Read 850 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
The chair’s fault
« on: March 03, 2022, 07:06:10 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/03/watch-joy-behar-suffers-fall-live-on-the-view/

~Two years ago it wouldn’t have been the chair’s fault.

Immediately goes to “who do I sue”  :rolleyes:

That is the mindset of her and too many likeminded…
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: The chair’s fault
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 07:02:41 AM »
You can only talk out of it for so long before you fall and bust it...

More useless actually harmful daytime brainwashing television

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 10:50:45 AM »
I had a friend whose cousin was a brain surgeon. The guy went to sit down on the stool, but it was a rolling stool. It rolled back and he fell and hit his head to where it caused trauma and other things. He was no longer able to be a brain surgeon anymore. He sued the crap out of the hospital for that. Nit sure what ever happened tho.

Gotta be careful with chairs man.

I get your point about the sue happy world though. That's the only thing you can do these days. If you burn down someone's shop because they wronged you. You will be the one who gets in trouble with the law. It's very hard to sue though. Will take you years, the lawyer will take your money for years. And even if you win, you might not even get money from the company who wronged you. Its really tough to get justice if it's deserved.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 02:20:21 PM »
Trash always ends up in a bag or on the ground.... sometimes both.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 02:54:26 PM »
I seem to recall that Bob Saget's autopsy says he fell, hit his head, went to sleep
and died
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 03:24:19 PM »
I seem to recall that Bob Saget's autopsy says he fell, hit his head, went to sleep
and died

He had significant head trauma. It may have been from a fall. They really do not know and can only speculate. Some say he may have slipped in the bathroom and fell twice. The trauma to his skull was along the lines of being hit with a baseball bat. I even read where it was damage you would expect from falling 20 or 30 feet to the ground.

In any case that was a real shame.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 05:54:58 PM »
and died

I can only wish it was Behar instead of Sagat. 

I don’t consider myself mean spirited, but she’s been bent on dividing America for at least a decade. If it weren’t for…wish I could say it.

Dmonslyr, I’d be interested to find out if that Dr won his case vs his employer/hospital if you can find out.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 08:20:59 AM »
He had significant head trauma. It may have been from a fall. They really do not know and can only speculate. Some say he may have slipped in the bathroom and fell twice. The trauma to his skull was along the lines of being hit with a baseball bat. I even read where it was damage you would expect from falling 20 or 30 feet to the ground.

In any case that was a real shame.

Without displaying my credentials...  skull fractures from falls are generally (emphasis on generally) linear.  Skull fractures from blunt instrument trauma are generally stellate.  Stellate being defined as a 'identifiable central point of impact with radiant fractures emanating from that point.'  Sometimes that central point of impact is circular, but still identifiable.

Most doctors will tell you that it's not now far you fall, it's how hard you hit when you land. 

Just my .02, is all.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 02:00:12 PM »
I fell last year at home. for 1 week, I drove around, went to the legion, went grocery shopping and have no recollection of it.

I remember just a if I woke up and told my wife my head hurt pretty bad.  she called an ambulance and ended up 2 days at the hospital. mri done. had a contusion. they asked me how it happened and when. I had no recollection of it. dr called my wife and she could only remember that she found me on the floor the week before but not sure if it was the bathroom or the kitchen. I had all sorts of memory problems thought trump was still the president. second day I told them I was going home. called my wife and she said she would come meet me. I was walking and this pretty blond gave me a big smile and hugged me.  had no idea who she was. it was my wife, when she told me her name then it all came back to me.

to this day I can't figure out how I fell and hit the top of my head. it's a a bit misshapen even my barber noticed it but had no fracture. it's a big mystery.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 02:33:06 PM »
I was a project superintendent at the Vetinary Clinique at Fort Irwin California. Sometimes a week would go by and no one was scheduled to work but I was required to be there .So there I was in my office with my feet on the desk.I had fallen asleep and suddenly lost control of my chair falling to the floor and hurting my back .I could barely walk but I decided it was best to keep my mouth shut . And the project got completed on time  :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2022, 05:07:26 PM »
I had a friend whose cousin was a brain surgeon. The guy went to sit down on the stool, but it was a rolling stool. It rolled back and he fell and hit his head to where it caused trauma and other things. He was no longer able to be a brain surgeon anymore. He sued the crap out of the hospital for that. Nit sure what ever happened tho.

Gotta be careful with chairs man.

I get your point about the sue happy world though. That's the only thing you can do these days. If you burn down someone's shop because they wronged you. You will be the one who gets in trouble with the law. It's very hard to sue though. Will take you years, the lawyer will take your money for years. And even if you win, you might not even get money from the company who wronged you. Its really tough to get justice if it's deserved.

That's one reason to lay low and be patient.  I got 15 k out of an employer who wasn't enforcing safety regulations and it took me over a year but i got paid
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2022, 06:46:43 AM »
Count the lawyers commercials between 6 and 8 any evening and you see where we are...it's just another lottery to many

Fat arse loud mouth judgmental blow hard got what was coming to her..

The chair should be the one suing her

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2022, 12:59:37 PM »
Side note. Here in Las Vegas lawyer commercials are off the charts. In Sacramento its drug commercials
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..