Author Topic: Monitor  (Read 943 times)

Offline FBScud

• Copper Member
Re: Monitor
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »
Well, the Asus VH236H is to arrive tomorrow.  I know my card can drive it.  The question is whether my cpu has the guts to move a 1920 x 1080 resolution and pixels.  We'll find out.  I know AH said they were moving a lot of processing to the video card.  Here's hoping.  All the reviews are over the top and my video card says it can drive it.  If it is my cpu, I'll keep the monitor and start building a new pc.  Thanks for all the help!

FYI, I know I have a antiquated system.  Just trying to stretch it.  If it doesn't work, I'll keep the monitor and start building a system.   :bhead

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 08:47:56 PM »
Smart choice.   It is a good monitor and you will not be disappointed.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline FBScud

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
Masherbrum, thx for the advice!  Monitor hooked up and working just fine.  I had to drop the game down to Waffles' settings with the 512 max texture size (or is it 524...whatever), but the game is eminently playable and looks great on the monitor.  I really don't miss the high res and it runs fine on the monitor's native resolution.  Tremendous views out of the cockpit, etc.  And the best news is I don't have to buy a new pc, just yet.  Soon, but not immediately. :banana:

I haven't played the game in months because of the bad monitor.  Can't wait to start up with my squad again.

68Scud.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 06:25:07 AM »
Masherbrum, thx for the advice!  Monitor hooked up and working just fine.  I had to drop the game down to Waffles' settings with the 512 max texture size (or is it 524...whatever), but the game is eminently playable and looks great on the monitor.  I really don't miss the high res and it runs fine on the monitor's native resolution.  Tremendous views out of the cockpit, etc.  And the best news is I don't have to buy a new pc, just yet.  Soon, but not immediately. :banana:

I haven't played the game in months because of the bad monitor.  Can't wait to start up with my squad again.

68Scud.

You're welcome Scud.   It is a good monitor that doesn't break the bank, for under 27" monitors.     :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC