Author Topic: Something Interesting,  (Read 786 times)

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
Something Interesting,
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:12:12 AM »
MY FAMILY IS PART OF CANDAIN HISTORY....In 1945, It was the end of the war, Bomber Crews,Men,alot of people were coming back to canada, The world was happy, Well For my Great Uncle jack , It was not so good, In 1945,  Well This old man,in his 80s Named Gustave Angerman  on 29 Jul 1945, Was shot 5 times, Point blank By my Uncle, And he stole his car, But the reason for this, Angerman Reported my uncle to the Police for Making Moonshine, Which was the Family's Only Source Of income,. So he got drunk, Knocked on his door, And when he Opened the door, My uncle said Give my the keys to your car, So he did..After he gave the keys to him, My uncle Murdered him , shot 5 times...The next day he was In jail....THEN in 1946 Of February 20th,After many Months of Court trails...He was sent to the gallows...MY Uncle Jack Loran, Was then Hanged on this day,  And he Became The Last Person To Ever Be Executed In  Regina,Saskatchewan,Canada,
My name is Talin loran, Full name, Talin Joesph Robert Loran,...I hope you Enjoy this Piece Of History i shared with you about My Family, And the History of Canada Injoy
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Something Interesting,
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 09:02:16 AM »
Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing. 

I do not mean to hijack your thread, but on an interesting note my great-great grandfather was sheriff in Floyd County, Iowa (in the town of Charles, City), where the last "legal" lynching in the State of Iowa occurred.  Below is an excerpts of from an historical account:

It was Iowa’s last lynching. On January 9, 1907, a mob of several hundred men, some masked with handkerchiefs and others undisguised, rammed down the doors of the Floyd County Jail in Charles City, Iowa, with a rail iron. Sheriff Charles Gray and several deputies offered only feeble resistance as the mob seized the prisoner, James Cullen. After Cullen had been so procured, a crowd of at least 500 residents of Charles City, including women and children, witnessed Cullen’s hanging from the local Main Street Bridge by 11:30 p.m.  ...

Mr. Cullen was atypical for a lynching victim. A wealthy, white, sixty-two-year-old contractor, he’d murdered his wife and Roy Eastman, his fifteen-year-old stepson -- the previous day. An outraged mob, its actions largely orchestrated by young men perhaps acquainted with the ill-fated Eastman, took their unlawful revenge in a Midwest town oft-noted for progressive Republican “reformist” political sentiments. In a macabre coincidence, another man named James Cullen had been lynched to death decades previously in rural Maine.       
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
Re: Something Interesting,
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »
 :salute :salute Crazy, stuff, Its Kinda Cool,  being Related To Somebody, That was in something Big In World History, or Made the history, Like my Uncle, its crazy, My family history, Goes back A thousand years, I have records of my family Fighting In the 1066 Battle of Hastings, At England, When william decided to Invade,....Just think, about what your Ansestors did something a thousand years ago, who knows ,....Its also so cool, when you find something about your family, you never knew,  :salute :salute I still research and try to look up stuff about my family ,i always like finding new  things ,
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.