Author Topic: Aircraft repair, refueling and new ords after a sortie ?  (Read 463 times)

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Aircraft repair, refueling and new ords after a sortie ?
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »
I am just getting back into Aces High after away awhile.  I have been learning and flying a different flight sim for about 3 years.  I pretty much have forgotten the how-to of how some things function in Aces High.  I spent half the day setting up and remembering---slowly, how stuff works, in offline mode.

When I come into an airfield to refuel and get more ammo and ords there is the refuel area off to the side, at the end of the runways.  Will this area repair a damaged aircraft?

How do I refuel and rearm and if necessary get repaired on the aircraft carrier.  I just do not remember.

It looks like the flight model to the F4U-1A is harder to takeoff manually.  Has anything changed as to the pre-flight trim settings?  I have figured it out after a few crashes off the carrier, 2 notches of flaps for sure, about 5 degrees up elevator and 8 degrees right aileron.  Stick is back in my lap to lock the tail-wheel for aways.

Thanks for any help.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Aircraft repair, refueling and new ords after a sortie ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:17:27 PM »
Repairs can NOT be made, just get a new aircraft. Refuel and rearm on a CV by landing and lifting the hook (shift G) hold still for 30 seconds to rearm just like at the fields. If you land past the refuel spot on a CV, after lifting your hook give it just a bit of throttle. This will actually make a "wall" out of your prop and the wind over the nose of the CV wil push you backwards. Steer with rudder.

Welcome back!  <S>

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Re: Aircraft repair, refueling and new ords after a sortie ?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:47:21 PM »
The Fugitive,

Thank you.