Author Topic: Home LAN Connection to RF (wifi) ISP; Can I Offset High BW Usage From Others  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
If the variance changes when you adjust graphics settings it means your computer is fighting for resources. You either don't have TCP offloading or your CPU is seriously underpowered.

It is not uncommon for the in-game varience to shift when you change the graphic settings, but it should settle back down within a few seconds.  If it does not, then Ripley is partially correct.  It could also be your video card is running out of resources as well.

Any type of resource starvation will cause results to vary wildly.

If you are using wireless, you can expect problems.  It is inherent with wireless connections.  There will be bit errors.  There will be lost UDP packets.  There will be retries of TCP packets.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:44:34 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Any type of resource starvation will cause results to vary wildly.

Yes, you hit the nail on the head there.  Finally got the SLI to work on a non SLI motherboard....  looking MUCH better in all respects.

If you are using wireless, you can expect problems.  It is inherent with wireless connections.  There will be bit errors.  There will be lost UDP packets.  There will be retries of TCP packets.

Also, yes and I don't mind, knowing that I have done all that I am capable of doing, I have reasonable expectations.  Now, only if all problems were resolved this easily.  :pray

If the variance changes when you adjust graphics settings it means your computer is fighting for resources. You either don't have TCP offloading or your CPU is seriously underpowered.

Right you were, the rig was bottlenecked and once I was able to break through that barrier, all of the previous issues were no more.  :rock

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
DLM Dynamic Line Management :old:

I had new ISP two years ago.

The first month was awesome , the second was kak :old:

I rang them up and they come out with the DLM gibbeerish, I told them to shut it and put it back to how it was :old:

DLM is for the ISP benefit not yours, it is not for stabilising your connection its to see how many people they can get on a line :old:

All the ISP are poo :old:

I am awesome as well :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
QoS generally sucks and can slow everything down if your router itself is too slow.  But if you're going to do it, you want to set their connections with the limitations, and leave yours unlimited and highest priority.

Wireless sucks more though, its half-duplex and subject to collisions from every other wireless communication on overlapping channels in reception range, even your neighbors across the street that don't have access to your router.  By far the best option is to string a cable from your router to your computer.  Even a temporary 300 foot cable that you only connect while you're playing could solve your issues.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown