Author Topic: "I've heard of that..."  (Read 660 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
"I've heard of that..."
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »
I recently told some of my coworkers about AH (all of them are gamers), and they all claimed to have heard of it before. Is AH really that popular or are they confusing it with a different game? If they are thinking of the right game, where did they hear about it? Why not play it? Why am I asking all these questions?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: "I've heard of that..."
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
Probably confusing it with the Aces High online poker site that used to be up until the Feds took it down last year or they can just be full of bull scatology and just saying they've heard of it to look cool in front of you.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TJsweet

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:34:12 PM »
Probably confusing it with the Aces High on-line poker site that used to be up until the Feds took it down last year or they can just be full of bull scatology and just saying they've heard of it to look cool in front of you.

ack-ack
Well there was Full tilt poker, Ultimate bet and pokerstars but have never heard of aces high poker.

P.S. Your name has always made me think of poker.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:47:42 PM by TJsweet »
WashOut
FSO--JG54

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 12:28:55 AM »
I have some buddies who have seen the commercial on the Military Channel.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 08:34:04 AM »
Why are you asking all these questions?

Offline trymee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 09:03:07 AM »
The History channel has AH commercials on all the time. Maybe some have seen it  :airplane:
Menacing Ferrets

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 09:26:04 AM »
I recently told some of my coworkers about AH (all of them are gamers), and they all claimed to have heard of it before. Why not play it?

I'm guessing a WW2 air combat sim (it does come off as "air" to those who've not investigated further) has limited appeal in this age of X-boxers. Add to that the cost of stick (throttle, peds) a computer capable of running the graphics, etc. Then there's the learning curve with very little instructional guidance for the beginner. The economy is not exactly robust and many folks are dialing back on expenses.

The older days of H2H allowed new players to develop (and yes, there were freeloaders and hackers) skills before flying the arenas.

No doubt, HTC is tinkering with ways to make the game attractive to more folks, e.g. the new series of films Skuzzy & Co are working on.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
i tell everyone i know and meet about this game--i even have a ghosts calender up in my parts dept. :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.