Author Topic: Mozilla Thunderbird - Where's that email?!  (Read 396 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Mozilla Thunderbird - Where's that email?!
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
Some of you Thunderbird users might find this useful.

Here's an example of why I'm not so happy with Mozilla anymore. Several months ago, I got a call from my 85 yo mom complaining that her email disappeared and she was quite upset that she didn't delete it and it wasn't in her trash folder. Okay, so she's 85, I expect user error to be involved in 70 percent of these calls, but no, not this time.

If your inbox is the focus, the active window, then any highlighted emails can be deleted by simply typing the letter A. Mom's an incredibly fast typist. It doesn't matter if you've clicked the Write shortcut icon, if you're too fast for the new Write mail window, the email sitting in your inbox goes poof!

The only way to recover the deleted email is to use control Z to return the email to the inbox.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Mozilla Thunderbird - Where's that email?!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 09:21:01 AM »
Some of you Thunderbird users might find this useful.

Here's an example of why I'm not so happy with Mozilla anymore. Several months ago, I got a call from my 85 yo mom complaining that her email disappeared and she was quite upset that she didn't delete it and it wasn't in her trash folder. Okay, so she's 85, I expect user error to be involved in 70 percent of these calls, but no, not this time.

If your inbox is the focus, the active window, then any highlighted emails can be deleted by simply typing the letter A. Mom's an incredibly fast typist. It doesn't matter if you've clicked the Write shortcut icon, if you're too fast for the new Write mail window, the email sitting in your inbox goes poof!

The only way to recover the deleted email is to use control Z to return the email to the inbox.

A puts the message to the archive it does not delete it. https://support.mozillamessaging.com/fi/kb/keyboard-shortcuts
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mozilla Thunderbird - Where's that email?!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:43 AM »
That's good to know. Thanks.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001