Author Topic: Collisions for Ground Vehicles  (Read 949 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Collisions for Ground Vehicles
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:42:47 PM »
The Russians were known for ramming their German counterparts with T-34's.
If the AH flight sim engine permits collisions for vehicles, it would be allot of fun.
How many times have you just sat there when your lost your turret and could do nothing, except maybe ask for supps........"QUICK?"
Just think what it would be like if you could ram that guy?
The Russians obviously thought about it and it would add another element to the GV part of the game.
"He HO'd me," would no longer be exclusive to aircraft.  :D  :D  :D

:salute Respectfully submitting sir!

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Collisions for Ground Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:18:54 AM »
The Russians were known for ramming their German counterparts with T-34's.
If the AH flight sim engine permits collisions for vehicles, it would be allot of fun.
How many times have you just sat there when your lost your turret and could do nothing, except maybe ask for supps........"QUICK?"
Just think what it would be like if you could ram that guy?
The Russians obviously thought about it and it would add another element to the GV part of the game.
"He HO'd me," would no longer be exclusive to aircraft.  :D  :D  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

:salute Respectfully submitting sir!

I doubt this wish is going be implemented for reasons that I will allow others to bicker over. But just because it would be hilarious to watch a dozen M18's charge and ram a Tiger II to death.. +1  :aok :lol
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:41:05 AM »
The problem is with the internet. With lag still being an issue you could pass what looks like to you 30 feet away from another tank, but it could be a collision on their computer and so have this "phantom" damage being done.

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 12:19:13 PM »
The problem is with the internet. With lag still being an issue you could pass what looks like to you 30 feet away from another tank, but it could be a collision on their computer and so have this "phantom" damage being done.
or they could implement it like world of tanks did back in there 7.5 patch release with the physics model
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »
Go easy route, collision, but NO damage.  Just stops both of you. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »

Not thinking lag is as prevalent when it comes to GVs.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »
Use existing damage model, ie turret stops working after collision, or maybe the tank is tracked, collision in rear disables the engine. A severe collision might cause the ords on board to explode. It all depends on the point of impact and severity. A Tiger weighing 65 tons colliding at 20 mph is going to do more damage than a medium armor tank like the Sherman traveling at the same speed. Maybe it is more complex than I can imagine. I don't have any programming experience.  It would be fun if it could be done.  :D :D

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 08:33:21 PM »
Please no.  We already have shrubs that can spin a tank into the air.  We don't need turds driving around in jeeps catapulting Tigers onto their turrets.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 09:10:38 PM »
Please no.  We already have shrubs that can spin a tank into the air.  We don't need turds driving around in jeeps catapulting Tigers onto their turrets.

This.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 10:21:48 AM »

Good point, but the trees are unmovable objects. The weight of the vehicles is modeled in the game. A Tiger will slide down a steep hill where a jeep or medium armor tank will continue to climb. I'm sure momentum would exhibit itself in a collision ( jeep takes damage, while the tiger driver heard something bounce off ).  :D
Speculation. I'm not a programmer. I would think the t-34 would have to find a way to collide with the Tiger's  turret, ie. Coming over a berm, landing on top, or driving over the Tiger from the front.

Sounds like fun.

Offline Blinder

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 04:09:40 PM »

:rofl

I love it! .... I would sooooooo be one of those turds!
Fighter pilots win glory .... Bomber pilots win wars.

17th Guards Air Assault Regiment (VVS) "Badenov's Red Raiders"