Author Topic: Throttle problems for GV's ?  (Read 380 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Throttle problems for GV's ?
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »
I have the Saitek X-45 HOTAS setup.  My throttle works fine in Mode 1 for the aircraft.  When I switch to Mode 2 for GV's and PT's, the throttle will not work.  I have it set in the "map controller" area, and can see the numbers go up and down as I move it, but the vehicles don't respond to it.  I have to use the "Shift W" and "S" key commands to adjust my speed.

Is there something else that I'm overlooking?  It used to work fine until one or two updates ago.  I'm hoping that there is something in the settings that is simple and I need to set.

Any suggestions?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Throttle problems for GV's ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »
I have the Saitek X-45 HOTAS setup.  My throttle works fine in Mode 1 for the aircraft.  When I switch to Mode 2 for GV's and PT's, the throttle will not work.  I have it set in the "map controller" area, and can see the numbers go up and down as I move it, but the vehicles don't respond to it.  I have to use the "Shift W" and "S" key commands to adjust my speed.

Is there something else that I'm overlooking?  It used to work fine until one or two updates ago.  I'm hoping that there is something in the settings that is simple and I need to set.

Any suggestions?
that was the change made ages ago...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »
I have used a throttle slider before on GVs by using the Min-Mid-Mad. This works fine but sometimes you might have a problem find the mid stop position.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:34:58 AM »
Automatic  transmissions was the stupidest thing done to GV,s.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
Gyrene - it might have been done ages ago, but I almost never get into GVs, so that's probably why I haven't noticed it.

So, there is no way to get the HOTAS throttle to work as the accelerator in the GV's?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »
Gyrene - it might have been done ages ago, but I almost never get into GVs, so that's probably why I haven't noticed it.

So, there is no way to get the HOTAS throttle to work as the accelerator in the GV's?
nope...tried it myself and failed.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
Ok, I followed Randy's suggestion and used one of the 3 position slider switches, so now I have them mapped to "Full speed ahead, slow down/reverse, and stop."  Not as good as when they used to respond to throttle inputs, but at least now I can adjust them without having to use the keyboard.

Thanks again for your ideas and suggestions!