Author Topic: Re-Arm Options  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Re-Arm Options
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
+1Why not Repairs?  :D

Theres a big difference in minor maintenance and battle damge reair. The problems you encounter in AH are all battle damage.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2013, 09:20:31 AM »
Wow!

This is an interesting topic from both sides of the issue. Yes, it world be awesome to make exterior changes to your aircraft in real time. But the real question is this. Once you're out of the hangar you are in real time. I would think that the process of hanging ord and loading fuel is a pre-stored code function or calculated before runtime.

It would be as if you are running in real time and compiling coded at the same time. That is heavy lifting in the code writing world. Not to say that at some point it couldn't be done. But I am pretty sure that there are no existing functions like this in the game already.

Someone would need to write a new engine and code base for this to happen. One where all aircraft profiles have access to all addons in certain conditions. Definitely an code base and engine forklift.

Start saving your money now. I am sure that some functions will need to be off loaded to you're local CPUs for the recompile or calculations. You better beef up your PC before when that happens.

Thinking even farther... There must be a cache created once you lift the first time with your first load. The calculations of score, and all other factors need to be held somewhere. I wonder if you would have to create a new cache for the additional addons of the same flight or try and manipulate the current. Either way your going to need a workstation class PC to handle the load and overhead.
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2013, 09:34:42 AM »
 :huh

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2013, 02:05:01 PM »
 :huh   :headscratch: 

Wow!

This is an interesting topic from both sides of the issue. Yes, it world be awesome to make exterior changes to your aircraft in real time. But the real question is this. Once you're out of the hangar you are in real time. I would think that the process of hanging ord and loading fuel is a pre-stored code function or calculated before runtime.

It would be as if you are running in real time and compiling coded at the same time. That is heavy lifting in the code writing world. Not to say that at some point it couldn't be done. But I am pretty sure that there are no existing functions like this in the game already.

Someone would need to write a new engine and code base for this to happen. One where all aircraft profiles have access to all addons in certain conditions. Definitely an code base and engine forklift.

Start saving your money now. I am sure that some functions will need to be off loaded to you're local CPUs for the recompile or calculations. You better beef up your PC before when that happens.

Thinking even farther... There must be a cache created once you lift the first time with your first load. The calculations of score, and all other factors need to be held somewhere. I wonder if you would have to create a new cache for the additional addons of the same flight or try and manipulate the current. Either way your going to need a workstation class PC to handle the load and overhead.
uh...how do you figure that? it would just be a matter of hooking the rearm pad into the hangar assets if certain conditions exist. a list interface wouldn't be as much work as a full hangar type gui. tab, click, enter...wait 60 seconds for message then taxi out.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »
I think during reload (should be longer than 30 secs.), the
pilot should have option to go to the O'Club, grab a sammich or 2 and a coffee.
Take a leak/dump.
All this while plane is getting rearmed, refueled.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2013, 09:08:07 AM »
I think during reload (should be longer than 30 secs.), the
pilot should have option to go to the O'Club, grab a sammich or 2 and a coffee.
Take a leak/dump.
All this while plane is getting rearmed, refueled.
                                                                                                                             :cheers: Oz

I already do that.

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2013, 08:46:26 PM »
I can't understand that you can't get your aircraft repaired while sitting on a rearm pad for 30 sec.

But....if you click on the vehicle supply icon out in the middle of nowhere....your tiger's gun, track, pintle gun, engine, radio, dry compost toilet, and microwave oven are all magically fixed instantly.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
I can't understand that you can't get your aircraft repaired while sitting on a rearm pad for 30 sec.

But....if you click on the vehicle supply icon out in the middle of nowhere....your tiger's gun, track, pintle gun, engine, radio, dry compost toilet, and microwave oven are all magically fixed instantly.
the ground crew is too busy putting in gas and rearming your plane to run and get you new wings, ailerons, elevators, rudders and engine...ran out of duct tape last month too.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
The point is that 'one sortie' means just that, and the stats would mean less if no penalty for a plane part getting shot off.

One sortie, one plane, amo and fuel is different from damage.

New plane means new sortie!

I can see having how much fuel is added, when re-arming, as an option, but not repairs...
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'