Author Topic: Recoverable or Bug?  (Read 607 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Recoverable or Bug?
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:25:45 PM »
After a brief fight I get a little bit of damage that isn't usually a problem to deal with.
Losing the left Hori-stab and left fuel and the right gear caused the most unbelievable free fall I have ever encountered..

Bug in the FM, or did I do something wrong? Mind you I was right rudder, nose down and right aileron 99% of the time trying to recover.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Recoverable or Bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
From the direction of the smoke (which you can't see from inside) it looks like left rudder might helped.

It might have been recoverable eventually if someone hadn't picked off your right aerilon.

It certainly didn't pick up any speed.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:16:18 AM »
Ew, yeah it looks like you induced that crash. Not sure about the half-stab situation, but I think the only input you needed was down elevator. If it helps you feel better, this is the most common way to crash in the aviation world. Essentially, this is the state you were in:

http://apstraining.com/blog/2009/10/12/traffic-pattern-stalls/
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 06:11:39 AM »
When I did try a little left rudder, it sped up the spin rather than help it. I dialled it out fast and went back to right attempting to slow and stop the spin. To no avail.
It's rather bizarre looking at it, and without the film viewer showing input it's very difficult to really put my finger on what went wrong.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »
I have that happen to me in the P51s a lot. Thats the main reason I don't fly them, they have this strange stall that is very hard to recover from. What I is I cut power to engine (to reduce spin) then push down and use rudder if the spin is still there. In your case you where screwed because you lost 1 elevator and hori stab so pushing down induced more spin.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"