Author Topic: text buffer fram rate drop  (Read 384 times)

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
text buffer fram rate drop
« on: January 03, 2014, 02:04:07 PM »
when im in game, ill go to move my text for in different spots for when im bombing or fighting, basically anytime I move my text box, my frame rate drops from 59 down to 36 or a little lower, I get it put where I need it and it will shoot back up to 59. just got a new computer so im not sure if theres anything I can do to fix this problem.

the computer is an asus with windows 8.

thanks boomhaur

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: text buffer fram rate drop
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
The important thing is it goes back up to 59.

Offline up a P51D and sit on the runway. Hold down on the trigger firing off all of your rounds. You may see your FPS drop considerably. But, if you only tap bursts, it stays steady. This may be more the way video processing is performed in this specific game than anything else. You have changed your screen by moving a graphic rendered overlay object. Essentially a window within a window. This may be why Hitech warned us he won't give us rear view mirrors because some players would have an advantage while many would see reduced FPS and I suspect stuttering.

You can try updating your drivers or reducing the video bells and whistles you have checked in the advanced graphics. You may even have too many services running before you launch the game. If you use TrackIR, make sure it's application GUI is minimized before you start the game or, if you minimize the game to adjust your TrackIR profile a lot, make sure you minimize before going back into the game. Personally I'm waiting until after Hitech introduces the use of "Shader" with the new terrain engine to worry about graphics. You are describing pretty standard features of this game.

In the Technical Support forum you could open a request to help you get the most from your current computer OS and hardware.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
Re: text buffer fram rate drop
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 05:10:25 PM »
Most of that stuff i dont even eun. Iv got a couple eye candie marked but not enough to run my frame rate dow. Another thing iv noticed. When i go to achivment my frame rate drops from 50the to 25the 30. It never use to do this on my old machine. Also iv only got 33the processor running.