Author Topic: ultramarines the movie  (Read 250 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
ultramarines the movie
« on: January 16, 2014, 02:28:26 PM »
Pretty good. Provides a good introduction to the universe of warhammer 40k. Most of the negative reviews of the movie are either by reviewer who have no idea what warhammer 40k is or by super nerds saying "omg they say in the movie that the ultramarines are the best space marines!! THAT IS NOT TRUE, therefor this movie sux!" Instead of being happy that somebody finally made a decent looking warhammer 40k movie that has a script written in the prose that's befitting of warhammer 40k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvCLG1QZjs
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Re: ultramarines the movie
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 03:17:33 PM »
Own it and like it lots!  One pf the best fictional universes ever.  Im absolutely addicted to the Horus Heresy novels (the audiobook versions are great...fabulous narrators). 

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!  :aok

P.S. my son and I are not huge fans of the Untramarines Chapter...he calls them "the Colts" because the Ultramarine Chapter logo looks like that of the Indianapolis Colts of the NFL.   :lol

Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 03:51:29 PM »
I remember painting hundreds of miniatures to play Warhammer 40k.  Still got em all in a suitcase.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
Any of you play the PC games based on 40K? There are some really good ones.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:51:23 AM »
Yeah that's how I got into it.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 12:58:14 AM »
Now if I could just get the audio books uploaded to my iphone  :mad:

itunes is tainted by the warp

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 04:38:24 AM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 06:26:09 AM »
Never played the game myself....it was starting to get popular just as I got out of high school.  I used to read all the game rule books which were packed with information on the universe itself.   A very well thought out and interesting concept.  Essentially it started as a classical high-fantasy / sword & sorcery universe transposed into a space opera universe.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)