Author Topic: SAMPLE MAP for CONTROLLERS  (Read 452 times)

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
SAMPLE MAP for CONTROLLERS
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:01:32 AM »
HI ALL: Would appreciate if someone would give me a sample program for HOTAS CH (pro throt/pro peds/fighter stick)
Am having trouble setting up my system, reading controller setup & calibration per AH, may come to me sometime? :joystick:
If possible, appreciate.
GEAGLER

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: SAMPLE MAP for CONTROLLERS
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:33:14 AM »
Setting up the controllers in aces high is the easiest think to do. Go to map controllers, click the button or switch on the joystick you wish to program, locate the action you want to program to that switch, click on it to highlight it and click ok. Do the same for each button and your done.

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »
Mr.F: Thanks, simple explanation that works. :banana:
My challenge will be , what does some of those designations mean.
Ed
GEAGLER

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:51 AM »
what does some of those designations mean.
Send us a list of those you don't know here, we'll explain.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »
depends on what you do mostly ingame on how you want to set up stick....

I use the CH fighter stick... Saitek throttle.... and saitek peddles...

you should separate your primary guns from your secondary....

you should allow a "look up" button on your left hand throttle so you can scan with your hat and an up button at the same time....(while maneuvering you can look around and still get to your triggers)

flaps should be on a toggle switch or a 4 way hat on the right stick(thats how I have it)

1st 4 way hat....flaps up/down...fuel tank select/secondary weapon select

2nd 4 way hat....move head left/right.....engine toggle.....wep toggle

trigger = primary guns
secondary guns on throttle
view up on throttle
toggle map on throttle
zoom toggle on throttle(as soon as I start rolling I hit zoom toggle and then use keyboard keys to zoom all the way in..then when I toggle zoom to find the attitude of the nme it is zoomed in tight)

you want all the necessary buttons while you are fighting to be mapped to your stick....

so if you are GVing a lot or bombing a lot...my list/suggestions will be no good for ya

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
GREAT FEED-BACK: I will be setting up to-nite, question later on what some statements are in this present AH format. I had a lay-out from my previous AH (1991 era) but things have changed. I remember Dale when he was from that other action simulator. When he moved to develop AH he had a WINNER!!!
Attended the HOUSTON Con. then the ones in Dallas Con. Now I'm in Chi Town, Yikes.
Hope U guys will keep helping me till I can get things staighted away,us seniors take time . :old:
GEAGLER

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 05:38:31 PM »
thats why most of us lurk here on the boards.  :neener:

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »
Welcome Swinger.   Or should I say welcome back  :aok  :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »
Fugi is right.  After 10 years + with Aces High, I still find new goodies daily, from listening to the community.  Ink's advice about the "lookup" on the throttle hand controller is exactly what I mean (never, ever thought of that in over 10 years).

I have however, invested some time in setting up more than just 1 mode.  Although, I recommend to have a single arrangement and get used to it, in some situations, finding just the right button combination could be crucial.  For example, landing some aircraft, or damaged multi engined aircraft, takes a little more left or right wheel brake, as well as flap, tail hook, rudder and engine control all at once.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »
Fugi is right.  After 10 years + with Aces High, I still find new goodies daily, from listening to the community.  Ink's advice about the "lookup" on the throttle hand controller is exactly what I mean (never, ever thought of that in over 10 years).

I have however, invested some time in setting up more than just 1 mode.  Although, I recommend to have a single arrangement and get used to it, in some situations, finding just the right button combination could be crucial.  For example, landing some aircraft, or damaged multi engined aircraft, takes a little more left or right wheel brake, as well as flap, tail hook, rudder and engine control all at once.

cool beans :rock

I only fly fighters so I don't use different modes(no need really)...but using them really would open up the possibilities if I did bomb or GV.

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »
U guys are great, my OLD call ID in the GAME was SCREAMINGEAGLE, they called me EAGLE for short com.
I'm looking forward to starting again, SOooo watch Ur SIX  :O
GEAGLER

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:37 PM »
U guys are great, my OLD call ID in the GAME was SCREAMINGEAGLE, they called me EAGLE for short com.
I'm looking forward to starting again, SOooo watch Ur SIX  :O

Why?

I only plan of seeing you in my guns!   :devil

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
What is the little joy stick used for in AH, carefull of Ur replies, there maybe children present :O
That is on the Pro-Throttle.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 02:47:28 PM by swinger »
GEAGLER

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »
I have been able to use it as a mouse look... to simulate head movement.  I must say that it was not easy and took some stick programming and even some drivers that I normally didn't have loaded.  Other than that, I use it to scratch my itchy finger.   :lol

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 03:37:50 PM »
YIKES a useless thingy. I love TX CHILLI, but Ur from Ches/Bay/Virgin. :aok
GEAGLER