Author Topic: Wirbl ENY  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Wirbl ENY
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 08:48:44 AM »
 It can be killed by small calibers, but it is rarely killed by anything other than large bombs. Anything that can kill and aircraft from 1.5k out without being spoted and being b#tch and a half to kill should be perked.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »
Perk age is really directed to potential frequency of use if un perked. There are only 3 mobile AA platforms in game and two of them are "uber" IMO"........

Lusche  will have the numbers but arguments for perking the Osty or the Wirblewind will only be valid when we have more  historically commonly used mobile AA to choose from.

I would wish that freindly GV icons had the same range from the air that enemy ones have.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
Every plane in the game can avoid the Wirbelwind for the most part if he wants to.

+1 This is why the wirb shouldn't be perked. They can easily be avoided unlike other perked models such as 262's and Tempest, they can be easily disabled, and are prey to other ground vehicles such as panzers or T34's.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
+1 This is why the wirb shouldn't be perked. They can easily be avoided unlike other perked models such as 262's and Tempest, they can be easily disabled, and are prey to other ground vehicles such as panzers or T34's.
I have seen them fully disable an AFK tiger...

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 03:37:41 PM »
I have seen them fully disable an AFK tiger...

AFK.... :huh

Remember....wirbelwinds are prey to most gv's, but when you're AFK, you can't shoot him or run from him. He had a lot of time to do whatever he wanted to that tiger.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »
AFK.... :huh

Remember....wirbelwinds are prey to most gv's, but when you're AFK, you can't shoot him or run from him. He had a lot of time to do whatever he wanted to that tiger.
  I have seen weirder than that..., 3 AFK interpters fly right past my 35k B29s, plus I've killed multiple tanks in my Osti, as well as 3k B29s over TT. Also did a test in a custom arena with this, takes a 3sec burst from 5 feet away from the rear of a tiger. It is possible, just VERY improbable. Oh, did I mention a formation of B29s main gunned by a few tanks, all of these I find less likely than a tiger going AFK for a few mins without knowing enemy GVs are present.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2014, 05:00:26 PM »
It can be killed by small calibers, but it is rarely killed by anything other than large bombs. Anything that can kill and aircraft from 1.5k out without being spoted and being b#tch and a half to kill should be perked.
Please. I strafe wirbles down with my 17s fighting V-bases.  :)
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2014, 05:32:43 PM »
Please. I strafe wirbles down with my 17s fighting V-bases.  :)

:aok He does, he's gotten me more than once, of course he's not ALWAYS successful. :devil More often than not he looses a couple of bombers.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
:aok He does, he's gotten me more than once, of course he's not ALWAYS successful. :devil More often than not he looses a couple of bombers.
Yeah, unfortunately I go all Maverick from Top Gun and get really over-confident. This happens to me a lot:  :ahand

Happened to me today at 103 in TT.  :cry
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.