Author Topic: Had some issues and I think they are resolved  (Read 691 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Had some issues and I think they are resolved
« on: March 28, 2014, 04:00:07 PM »
So I thought I would pass along what I did to fix them and perhaps get a bit more feedback. Let me cut to the chase a hair. It wasn't genius but desperation.

The symptoms were many micro warps, some freezes, and much calibration. I calibrated all the time. I would have what seemed like a sure shot and then the micro warp. The con would be on my 6. It was ugly. Then when I got into a turn fight I would often lose control. The final straw there was when I missed a sure shot on a tempest and stalled out unexpectedly. I couldn't take it anymore it was time to do something. Morfiend suggested I check my net status. I did, it was good.

Thinking things through a bit I think the issues started with all the new updates. That was my theory anyway. Then too I could see others having the same issue. Just watching them spin out of control until crash time.

Like I said earlier it was out of desperation. So I deleted the game and reinstalled. I was told to copy my settings so I could paste them back in. In error I didn't do this. I figured I could easily recreate the views in each plane. Well I forgot about the rudders, throttle assembly, and stick and all those buttons that go with it. That took a bit of time and some flights to figure out what I was missing and if I had the right buttons, for me, set up correctly.

I'm still adjusting but it is so much better. I've been hitting more planes and been in some tough fights. I did stall out once but I think I was missing some pieces. Tried a tight left hand turn and went into the water. That was after being hit at least 3 times by 3 different planes.

If you are having the problems described above give it a shot. It does take time if you don't copy your setting. However like my squaddie Razorbck said, "You're getting a fresh setup." So it's not all bad.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Had some issues and I think they are resolved
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:16:35 PM »
Hey sabot. You already I use a cave man computer. Before I run AH I always end unwanted programs before I run it due to screen freezes and such. Downloading and reinstalling the game isn't hard for me because I'm always in fighter mode. So I just set the views back up while flying. I was lately having problem with aces high and I taught it might be my old crappy comp. Here is the joke I hace a old crappy desktop but yet I have a big hd monitor that supports 3d also lmao. Beginning April I will be on the top of computers. 15 years dealing with a home comp, it enough experience to learn about a new one. Maybe myself will turn into a computer geek and help folks here with softwares and such. I'm a quick learner.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
I should add one thing I didn't expect to be fixed. Prior to the reinstall I was having mic issues. It was static at any touch but now it seems to work without all the excess noise.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 10:36:30 PM »
Hey sabot. You already I use a cave man computer. Before I run AH I always end unwanted programs before I run it due to screen freezes and such.

try installing " Iobit Game booster 3" . I have a newer mid range desktop, and on higher video settings I was getting some screen lag and freeze.  Game booster automatically shuts down un needed back ground programs, optimizes settings, and speeds everything up. it's not a miracle fix.. but does seem to help.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 02:54:28 AM »
   try installing " Iobit Game booster 3" . I have a newer mid range desktop, and on higher video settings I was getting some screen lag and freeze.  Game booster automatically shuts down un needed back ground programs, optimizes settings, and speeds everything up. it's not a miracle fix.. but does seem to help.
A better approach would be doing it manually and (partly) permanently. You never know what a third party program may do wrong or what it might add. BlackViper's site is a cornucopia of getting the most out of your computer. The most important part of manual tweaking is that you know exactly what has been shut down and why, and how would it affect your regular computer use other than gaming.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 02:00:36 PM »
I think many problems come from video drivers be it AMD or NVidea.

I believe both are in a horse race to get the most performance from many of the newer games and they are releasing shoddy drivers on occasion. A roll back, or install, of an older driver may help. As could a complete wipe of older drivers. http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

Another good program I found is http://portforward.com/store/pfconfig.cgi You dont actually need to buy their program to port your router but I found it very helpful with some games and apps. They even came up with a Aces High setting when i asked them to.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"