Author Topic: realistic Wind and Weather  (Read 903 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: realistic Wind and Weather
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »
olds442,

Players don't like it when unpredictable things change the outcome of a fight.  They want the fight to be skill vs skill.  Turbulence is likely to have a very, very poor reception.

And to cut off your objections, yes, my PC can handle it just fine.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 01:03:34 PM »
olds442,

Players don't like it when unpredictable things change the outcome of a fight.  They want the fight to be skill vs skill.  Turbulence is likely to have a very, very poor reception.

And to cut off your objections, yes, my PC can handle it just fine.
No one said it was unpredictable. A set wind layer in the MA is rather predictable. Weather could just be cosmetic in the MA.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »
No one said it was unpredictable. A set wind layer in the MA is rather predictable. Weather could just be cosmetic in the MA.
I was referring to the turbulence request, something to bounce you around unexpectedly.  When we had the hard wind layers in the MA back in the old days the complaints from people who had shots spoiled by the sudden change in wind direction/speed were pretty intense.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
You must really hate change or have a really terrible computer because when anything comes to eye candy you start crying and making utterly stupid suggestions. We can see that a pure dog fighting arena will NOT get people to play (cough* WW1 cough*). Also War thunder while however crap it may be in terms of flight model gets way more players than aces high because of immersion and eye candy.

You know, I never see you in game. Matter of fact half of the people on this board are not in game ever. Yet they always have to put in their two cents and how ramble on about how change is bad and eye candy is for noobs.

I say we need this in game:

*windows that are not perfect, put some scratches on them it makes it more realistic.
*Some shaking when you start the engine up
*Weather which includes rain/snow/wind
*Some scratches on flight instruments. Not so they can't be seen but to add to immersion.
*Better sound engine, 3d engine placement, flak that actually sounds like flak, a default sound pack that doesn't sound like garbage, etc
*Better lighting (I believe this is already getting done).

I have a faster computer than the average ah player.  I can play with all eye candy on and still have full frames.  I play only every other week due to my work schedule but last 2 or 3 weeks I havent played much due to a work injury to my leg and cant use pedals.  also my throttle went out and I am holding for when the x-55 rhino finally goes on sale.

I have been playing this game for about 7 or 8 years without interruption under several names.  but I have been semp for the last 5 or so years.

have you tried some of the sound packs? and perhaps better speakers?  as for weather during ww2 airplanes didnt fly in bad weather simple because they couldnt see crap.  that's why I object to it as for the airplane being all over the place due to turbulence dont you think it would just cause more frustration and cause people to quit the game?

I remember playing aw with a force feedback joystick and while being cool the first 2 or 3 days I couldnt hit crap.  I was one of the best bombers regularly ranking in the top 10 and finally had to give it up.  this is what it would do in the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »
I was referring to the turbulence request, something to bounce you around unexpectedly.  When we had the hard wind layers in the MA back in the old days the complaints from people who had shots spoiled by the sudden change in wind direction/speed were pretty intense.

Which is funny given we have those layers now, yet you see no one complaining about it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:17:18 PM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »
Which is funny given we have those layers now, yet you see no one complaining about it.
Not sure they are implemented the same way.

One of the P-38 guys was constantly upset about it.  Don't recall if it was Ack-Ack or Citabria though.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-